Porcellos suspension or the de

in News & Regeln 03.04.2019 11:58
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Detroit Tigers pitcher Rick Porcello was suspended six games Tuesday by Major League Baseball for throwing at Ben Zobrist of the Tampa Bay Rays. The right-hander said he will appeal the decision, which was announced before the Tigers played at Toronto. He also was fined an undisclosed amount. Porcello hit Zobrist with a high-inside pitch in the first inning Sunday. Both benches were warned, but Porcello was not ejected. Some thought the pitch was retaliation for an inside pitch by Tampa Bay closer Fernando Rodney to Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera the previous day. Cabrera ended up striking out, and exchanged words with Rodney on his way back to the dugout. Detroit manager Jim Leyland said after Saturdays game that "somebody has to pay the price for that." Leyland said Sunday that it was part of the game. "Nobodys trying to hit anybody," he said. But Zobrist thought otherwise. "I thought it was intentional, and obviously the league thought that as well," he said Tuesday in Houston before the Rays played the Astros. Zobrist was glad to see the commissioners office punish Porcello for a pitch he thought could be dangerous. "I was surprised, yeah. I didnt really expect anything to happen after that day," he said. "After reviewing, I assume, they must have felt some action needed to be taken." Leyland declined comment on Porcellos suspension or the decision to appeal. But Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon had plenty to say about it. "The process works," Maddon said. "Went through the proper channels and I think the appropriate retribution was doled out. We appreciate the fact that MLB looked at it and took some action. They made a decision. I think they made the right one." Porcello, who is 4-6 with a 5.21 ERA, is available to pitch until the appeal is heard. His next start is scheduled for Friday at Cleveland. Porcello was suspended five games in 2009 for hitting former Red Sox infielder Kevin Youkilis, which led to a bench-clearing brawl. Cheap Jerseys Cyber Monday . As their best player continued to orchestrate his dramatic exit from the club, the Whitecaps added size and creativity at Thursdays Major League Soccer SuperDraft. Cheap Jerseys From China .com) - There may be a debate in Philadelphia about who should be the starting quarterback of the Eagles. http://www.cheapnfljerseyshome.com/. Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. NFL Jerseys Cyber Monday . Meanwhile, the Jets extended their winning streak to four and remain perfect under Paul Maurice. Its the Jets second four-game winning streak of the season, the other coming in mid-November. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s.ST. JOHNS, N.L. - Goalie Tyler Beskorowany made 35 saves to backstop the St. Johns IceCaps to a 3-1 win over the Hamilton Bulldogs Tuesday night in American Hockey League action. Patrice Cormier, John Albert and Will ONeill scored for the IceCaps (43-22-6). Connor Crisp answered for the Bulldogs (31-34-7). Nine seconds into the third period, Cormier scored the first goal of the game for the IceCaps. A large rebound bounnced into the slot and Cormier found it before scoring a wrist shot into the open net.dddddddddddd Albert doubled the IceCaps lead after Samson stripped a defender and made a drop pass to him. Albert drove home a heavy slapshot from the slot 12:10 into the third period. ONeill put the game out of reach with a slapshot from the point, through a screen at the 16:01 mark of the third. (The Canadian Press) ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24539 Beiträge.