tand with excellent stops on Camm

in News & Regeln 05.05.2019 04:38
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Jake Arrieta is doing his part to fill the gap left by Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel. Arrieta pitched well into the eighth inning and Justin Ruggiano hit an RBI single with two outs in the ninth inning Friday that sent the Chicago Cubs over the Atlanta Braves 5-4. Arrieta gave up three runs and four hits in 7 2-3 innings. He struck out six and walked three. The right-hander is 4-0 with a 1.30 ERA in his last seven starts. Arrieta said he has taken more of a leadership position after Samardzija and Hammel were traded to Oakland last week. "I am pretty comfortable with the responsibilities that come along with a role like that. Its something I embrace and look forward to continue to be in this role, to help guys establish themselves and combat the struggles that take place at this level," he said. "Hopefully, help guys start to take off and produce at a high level for us," he said. Arrieta figures to be one of the few mainstays along with All-Stars Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro as the Cubs continue to rebuild within the system. Arismendy Alcantara singled with two outs off Jordan Walden (0-1) in the Cubs ninth and stole second. Ruggiano then got a hit that slipped past shortstop Andrelton Simmons to win it. "The future is bright. That is very apparent. Guys like Alcantara and we have guys in the pipeline that can definitely help us in the future," Arrieta said. The Braves, who scored the tying run in the top of the ninth on Christian Bethancourts two-out single, have lost five of six following a nine-game winning streak. Jordan Schafer stole three bases for Atlanta and was caught stealing once. "Schafer had a great day. He stole three bags, he got on base, played nice defence. And BJ (Upton) been doing nice in the leadoff spot. Im happy with those guys at the top of the order. Now we need to keep the line moving, and we will," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. Arrieta left with a 4-3 lead but wound up with a no-decision when Cubs closer Hector Rondon (2-3) couldnt hold the lead in the ninth. Rondon allowed a leadoff double to Jason Heyward in the ninth. After retiring the next two batters, Rondon gave up Bethancourts single. It was Rondons third blown save of the season. The Cubs have won two straight after losing six in a row. "We were probably a little down a little bit after losing those two guys. They were two big guys in the clubhouse. But we have a tight group and we all pull for each other. We will be all right," Ruggiano said. Freddie Freeman drove in two runs for Atlanta. Braves starter Alex Wood pitched 5 1/3 innings and allowed four runs on five hits and three walks. The 23-year-old left-hander struck out six. "I battled through some stuff. I thought we battled hard and scraped for some runs. I thought we played pretty well," Wood said. After retiring the first six batters, Wood gave up a leadoff double to Chris Coghlan in the third inning. Coghlan stole third and scored on Arrietas perfectly executed squeeze. With two outs, Ruggianos single drove in Mike Olt to make it 2-0. Arrieta was unable to hold the lead. He walked Schafer in the fourth and gave up his first hit of the game, a double to Simmons. Freeman and Justin Upton had RBI grounders. In the sixth, Wood reached on an infield single, his first hit in the majors, and moved up on Schafers sacrifice bunt. With two outs, Freeman doubled off the ivy in centre field for a 3-2 lead. The Cubs loaded the bases with no outs in the sixth. Junior Lake struck out and broke the bat over his knee. Coghlan hit a tying single and Braves reliever Shae Simmons walked Luis Valbuena on four straight pitches to give the Cubs a 4-3 lead. NOTES: Cubs INF Emilio Bonifacio started his rehab assignment in Arizona. Hes been on the DL with an oblique strain since June 13. ... Rizzo appreciated all the support he got in the push by the team that made him the final NL All-Star voted in by the fans. "Walked over to the offices, thanked all the front office and the people working behind the scenes to pump it up, to promote it. Very, very appreciative. My familys ecstatic. Come along way, altogether -- me, myself, everyone else around me thats coached me, thats helped me out through good times and bad times. Its an accomplishment Ill cherish forever," the first baseman said. ... Cubs 2B Darwin Barney was activated from the paternity list. The Cubs recalled Zac Rosscup from Triple-A Iowa and relievers Kyle Hendricks and Blake Parker were optioned to Iowa. ... Braves starter LHP Mike Minor is scheduled to make his second career start against the Cubs on Saturday. In his previous start, he gave up one run in 7 1/3 innings. Geron Christian Jersey . Cleveland has won the first two of this set and has won six straight games since losing back-to-back tilts to open the year. Seattle, on the other hand, has now lost six in a row following consecutive wins to kick off its campaign. Alex Smith Redskins Jersey .com) - The Utah Jazz look to put an end to their five-game losing streak when the Denver Nuggets visit Salt Lake City Monday night. http://www.cheapredskinslockroom.com/AUT...EDSKINS-JERSEY/. With Washington teammate Nene drawing double-teams coming off his big game against the Lakers, Gortat scored 25 points on 11-of-12 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds to lead the Wizards to a 100-92 win in overtime over Milwaukee on Wednesday night. DaRon Payne Jersey . -- Tony Finau won the Stonebrae Classic on Sunday for his first Web. Troy Apke Jersey . "He came up to me and said, I want to train," said Toronto coach Ryan Nelsen. The 26-year-old midfielder is expected to play Saturday night when Toronto hosts D.C. United, returning to his Major League Soccer squad with mixed feelings about the Americans World Cup run -- sad that it ended when it did but proud of his teams performance.NEWARK, N.J. - Though they have gotten off to a strong start this season, the San Jose Sharks believe they can be better.Logan Couture had a goal and two assists and Antti Niemi made 35 saves as the Sharks beat the pesky New Jersey Devils 4-2 on Saturday night.The win was the fourth in five games for the Sharks, but they had to sweat this one out after allowing a 3-0 lead to shrink to a goal with just under 8 minutes to play.Were winning games, but were not playing well, Couture said. We end up scrambling around at the end. I wont say panic, but we have to do a better job. Were giving up goals late. But wins in this league are hard to come by. We knew the schedule coming in and we knew it was going to be tough. Its good to win on the road and its good to have this kind of start.The Sharks put this one away because Niemi made three big saves down the stretch and Joe Thornton iced the game with an empty net goal — his 1,200th NHL.We made a couple of good power plays and made them stand up, Thornton said. Were looking real good right now. We have a group of positive guys and were getting really good goaltending right now. We have a group of loose guys who get along well. Things are good. A lot of teams are trying to find themselves early on. Were still looking for our identity as a team right now. Weve been on the road a lot of games and doing a real good job.Joe Pavelski added a goal and an assist and Patrick Marleau had the other goal for San Jose, which has picked up nine of a possible 10 points, losing only in a shootout to the New York Islanders.The Sharks, who are playing 16 of their first 21 games on the road, were cruising with a three-goal lead when Mike Cammalleri and Adam Henrique gave the sellout crowd of 16,592 something to cheer about, scoring in a 4:10 span to pull within one with 7:50 to play.Niemi made the lead stand with excellent stops on Cammalleri, Henrique and Damien Brunner before Thornton scored his first goal of the season with 1:14 remaining.Cory Schneider made 28 saves for the Devils in theeir home opener, including a glove stop on a penalty shot by Tommy Wingels with 3:44 to play and the New Jersey down a goal.ddddddddddddWe had our chances, even in the second period we had our chances, Devils forward Jaromir Jagr said. They scored twice on the power play and we didnt. I dont think they outplayed us.Niemi, who has won all three of his starts, stopped the Devils first 27 shots before Cammalleri beat him with a shot from the right circle with 12 minutes to play. Henrique tallied with a pin-ball shot off a defender.The problem for the Devils was they were down 3-0, with Patrick Marleau pushing the lead to three with a hard shot on a counter attack early in the third period that hit off Schneiders arm at 1:36.Obviously, we have to do a few things better at the end, things that we would like to do better, Pavelski said. We would hopefully get a 3-0 win in a game like this.Pavelski and Couture had scored on the power play late in the first and second periods, respectively.Pavelski, who has goals in two of the last three games, got the Sharks on the board with 2:07 left in the first period, beating Schneider from in close after collecting the rebound of a Couture shot from the right circle.Couture got his first goal of the season with 2:08 remaining in the second period. Pavelski sent a pass from the right point to Marleau behind the red zone and he found Couture alone in front.NOTES: Devils RW Martin Havlat did not play because of facial lacerations. Brunner replaced him. ... The Sharks have scored first in all five games this season. ... San Jose is 2-0-1 on its current five-game East Coast road trip. It plays next at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night against the Rangers. ... The Devils dont play again until they host the Rangers on Tuesday. ... D Brent Burns had the secondary assist on the goal by Pavelski, and has points in all five games (1-6-7). ... The Devils are 2-4-2 in their home openers at the Prudential Center.___Follow Tom Canavan on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/APTCan Cheap Bruins Jerseys Wholesale Sabres Jerseys Red Wings Jerseys From China Wholesale Canadiens Jerseys Wholesale Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Discount Hurricanes Jerseys Blue Jackets Jerseys Outlet Adidas Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Rangers Jerseys From China Discount Flyers Jerseys Discount Penguins Jerseys Discount Capitals Jerseys Wholesale Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Team USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Wholesale Wild Jerseys Discount Predators Jerseys Discount Blues Jerseys Discount Ducks Jerseys Adidas Coyotes Jerseys Flames Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Oilers Jerseys Discount Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Golden Knights Jerseys Outlet Authentic NHL Winter Classic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24540 Beiträge.