Millsap said of Portlands Moda Center

in Feedback/Vorschläge 06.05.2019 03:10
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

Manchester City missed a golden opportunity to make the Champions League final against the worst Real Madrid side in recent history, according to Guillem Balague. After the first leg at the Etihad ended in a 0-0 draw, Fernandos 20th-minute own goal eliminated the last Premier League side in the competition and sent Real through to a Madrid derby final. Sky Sports Spanish football expert was critical of both sides performance in the semi-final tie - and does not rate Reals chances of beating local rivals Atletico Madrid in the Milan showdown later this month. As Atletico and Real Madrid get set to meet again in the Champions League final, look back at the past meetings between the sides Balague also reflects on Manuel Pellegrinis time as City boss ahead of his summer departure...Man City could have beaten Real Madrid Gareth Bale celebrates Real Madrids winning goal against Manchester City Manchester City lost a golden opportunity to get to the Champions League final. This is the worst Real Madrid side in recent history. Last year, it was a better Real Madrid. They managed to get 22 consecutive victories the year before, and one year before that they won the Champions League. Any Real Madrid team under Jose Mourinho would also have beaten this one. Its a poor Real Madrid.In my eyes, before the game, they were the fourth-worst team in the semi-finals. There were so many problems, so many ways they could be beaten, that it felt like an organised team who could create enough danger - say by a decent Kevin de Bruyne or Sergio Aguero move - could have beaten them.Although not very often, Manchester City have shown this season that their best version can beat almost anybody. But I was wrong - Real Madrid were only the third worst side in these semi-finals. Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane insists Manchester City made it difficult for his side in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final tie How is it possible that there are not better sides?I dont think what happened in this tie was a reflection of the Spanish league versus the English league. I feel Leicester City would have created many more problems for Real Madrid, but it certainly showed us a very poor Manchester City, who hardly had a shot on goal against the eighth-worst defence in La Liga. Work to do for Pep Manchester Citys Champions League exit showed the scale of the task facing Pep Guardiola. Real Madrid, who missed Casemiro especially in the second half, defended far too deep after scoring the goal, partly because they were scared one City goal would have knocked them out and partly because Toni Kroos could not do Casemiros job of being aggressive in pressurising and pushing the team further up. Real gave the ball to City and the result was very disappointing - no penetration, slow movement, no running of the ball, nothing. It is just a bad reflection on the Champions League this season that you get these two poor teams at this stage. How is it possible that theres not better sides? What makes it worse is the contrast between these sides and the other two in the draw. Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid have got a clear idea of what they want to do, based on repetitive training sessions, interventionist coaches and blind faith from the players in their leaders on the bench. Vincent Kompany was taken off after ten minutes with a suspected groin injury Manchester City and Real Madrid base their football on very similar ideas. It is all player-based - they organise themselves with six or seven behind the ball and then when they have possession, its about individual talent and the quality of the players. Theres no organised attack and not enough team effort.Pellegrini hasnt made this side his ownWhat was worrying is that there was not even an organised defence at the end; I couldnt tell you what the style of Manchester City is, based on these two semi-finals. I dont know if they want the ball or not and I dont know how they defend. Im very confused and disappointed because I do think Manuel Pellegrini is a good coach, but it doesnt seem like he has made this side his own - it doesnt look anything like the Malaga side or the Villarreal side that made him famous. Manuel Pellegrini was unhappy with the amount of chances that his team failed to create but felt that they did not deserve to lose at the Bernabeu For me, it is a team without personality, without style and they showed it very clearly in this tie. The ones who were supposed to be the stars of the team were missing - like Aguero, De Bruyne and Yaya Toure - and were miles away from making any impact whatsoever. I disagree with Pellegrini, I dont think they deserved to draw and I think Real Madrid had more chances and created enough to go through, but this Real side are miles away from Atletico Madrid as it stands.Ronaldo is diminishing while Bales star is growingCristiano Ronaldo was obviously not 100 per cent as he admitted himself after the game, and will be better for the final of course, but his impact has been reduced this season. Even though he is still scoring in the games, you dont see so much of him. Manchester City lost a golden opportunity to get to the Champions League final. This is the worst Real Madrid side in recent history. Spanish football expert Guillem Balague But the good news is Gareth Bale has risen to the occasion right at the end of the season. Its pleasing to see and I fully agree with him that he better understands his role and what he has to do. He now knows when he has to pass, when he has to dribble, when he has to go one versus one, and so on. And that can only be good for Real Madrid - just at a time the star of Ronaldo is diminishing while Bales star is growing. Gareth Bale disagrees with Manuel Pellegrinis comments that Real Madrid were lucky to progress in the Champions League I think that is why Bale is now considering renewing his contract because he feels that Ronaldo - now his role is reducing - has been forced to let him grow. Either he has been forced or he accepts that now Bale is a star as well. Whatever the reason, it makes Bale more comfortable and having Karim Benzema makes the team more complete, but I feel its still miles away from what Atletico Madrid can offer.It will be Atleticos nightPeople may disagree with me, but I think Bayern Munich were the best of the four teams that were left in the competition. I think they are more complete in the way they defend and attack, but that is why we love football. Atletico Madrid did what they had to do and got through. Now they are, in my eyes, favourites to win it and have lost just once to Real over the last two seasons - winning five and drawing three. Real will now play local rivals Atletico in the final - but Balague thinks the latter win be favourites to lift the trophy I spoke to Koke during the season and I knew that they had in their heads the defeat against Real Madrid for two years so they put a lot of energy in returning to a final to just get rid of that bad dream. I am convinced in Milan, it will be their night. Also See: Own goal ends Citys hopes Kompany limps out of Real clash Work to do for Pep Pellegrini: Real were lucky O. J. Howard Jersey . The Rangers announced after Thursdays 4-2 loss to the New York Yankees that they would purchase Williams contract from Triple-A Round Rock. The 32-year-old Williams was released by Houston earlier this month after going 1-4 with a 6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . The Irish golfer, whose father Patrick died from cancer, says he underwent surgery for sun spots. The 42-year-old Harrington told Irish radio station Today FM: "Ive had a number of skin cancers removed off my face. http://www.authenticbuccaneerspro.com/Jo...rsey/.Currently no, Tatjana Haenni, FIFAs deputy director of the competitions division and head of womens competitions, said Tuesday in an interview from Ottawa. Jameis Winston Jersey . As a follow-up, TSN.ca offers you the opportunity to chime in on all the big issues with our insiders. Read up on all the questions and answers, and put in your own two cents on our popular Your Call feature. Lee Roy Selmon Jersey . "Im very pleased to be able to add a quarterback with Adrians experience and skill set," Calgary head coach and general manager John Hufnagel said in a statement.PORTLAND, Ore. - Even a late threat from the Trail Blazers didnt rattle the steady Hawks.Paul Millsap had 27 points and Atlanta held off a late Portland rally for a 115-107 victory Saturday night for their fourth straight win.Jeff Teague added 22 points and the Hawks, playing the second game of a back-to-back, improved to 11-5 on the road, including six straight wins away from home.We just kept saying, Stay solid. Keep playing our game, and lets go out and get this game, said Kyle Korver, who added 14 points. And thats what we did.The loss snapped a four-game winning streak for the Trail Blazers, who have lost just three games at home this season. LaMarcus Aldridge led Portland with 30 points and 12 rebounds.The Hawks led by as many as 20 points in the second half. But trailing 106-96 with just under 3 minutes to go, Wesley Matthews hit a 3-pointer and Aldridge added a layup.Aldridge dunked to make it 109-103 with 1:21 left, but the rally fell short.The Hawks were coming off a 98-92 victory at Utah on Friday, which popped them into the top spot in the Eastern Conference for the first time since Dec. 27, 1997.The victory improved the Hawks to 8-2 over Western Conference opponents.This is a tough place to play, Millsap said of Portlands Moda Center. Ive played here many times over the years when I was in Utah — I know how tough it is to play here. The crowd gets into it and the team feeds off the crowd. Winning here says a lot about our team.The Blazers got a hard-fought 102-97 overtime victory at home against Toronto on Tuesday, which extend their winning streak at home to seven straight games.With Matthews effectively guarding Korver, the Blazers jumped out to an 8-0 lead after Matthews 3-pointer. But Atlanta went on an 18-3 run to lead 29-20 at the end of the first quarter.Great first few minutes, but then I thought they did a really good job of just taking us out of our rhythm and making us play too fast, Aldridge said. Their defence made us uncomfortable most of the night.Trailing by as many as 11 in the half, Portland pulled to 50-47 on consecutive late baskets from Aldridge. Nicolas Batum added a layup, but the Hawks stilll led 52-49 at the break.ddddddddddddAtlanta extended the lead in the second half, going up 62-51 on Millsaps dunk. Teagues basket pushed the advantage to 81-61.The Blazers responded with a 14-2 run to close out the third quarter, capped by Damian Lillards long 3-pointer at the buzzer that closed the gap to 83-75.Aldridge thought that might be the start of a momentum shift.I thought things were definitely going to change for us, he said. Just with who we are, I thought we were getting over the hump, but they played defence and made shots down the stretch.Portland was hurt early in the fourth when centre Joel Freeland appeared to injure his right shoulder and was whisked to the locker room. Freeland had been getting more minutes in the absence of Robin Lopez, who is out with a broken hand.After the game the Blazers said an MRI confirmed that Freeland sustained a right shoulder strain. He will be reevaluated in two weeks.TIP INSHawks: Blazers coach Terry Stotts was head coach of the Hawks in 2003-04, coaching the team to a 52-85 record.Trail Blazers: Lillard was playing in his 198th consecutive game for the Blazers, ranking him second with Terry Porter on the franchise all-time list. ... Singer k.d. Lang, a Portland resident, was among the fans at the game.THE 3-POINTERSMuch was made going into the game about the potential 3-point battle between Matthews and Korver, both known for their perimeter shooting. In the end, both players finished with four 3 pointers.Overall, the Blazers made 13 and the Hawks made six. While normally the Blazers win those games where they score that many, Matthews lamented: You have nights like that sometimes.STAT OF THE NIGHTThe Hawks had 64 points in the paint, while the Blazers had 38. That was an issue for Stotts.Ive been concerned about points in the paint all season. As long as we score, if we get them in the paint, Im not as concerned. But defensively, that is a concern. The ball was getting to the rim too much.QUOTABLEWesley Matthews on the Blazers: We just werent ourselves.UP NEXTHawks: At the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday.Trail Blazers: Host the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday. Cheap Celtics Jerseys Wholesale Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Stitched 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys Pistons Jerseys China Pacers Jerseys China Cheap Bucks Jerseys Online Wholesale Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Wholesale Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Wizards Jerseys Nuggets Jerseys China Timberwolves Jerseys China Cheap Thunder Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Blazers Jerseys Wholesale Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys For Sale Cheap Clippers Jerseys Lakers Jerseys China Wholesale Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Rockets Jerseys China Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Wholesale Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24546 Beiträge.