the court for the first time without sta

in Das Team 07.05.2019 03:22
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

Melbourne, Australia - The third time was the charm for Li Na. The fourth-seeded Chinese star beat Dominika Cibulkova 7-6 (7-3), 6-0 at Rod Laver Arena to capture her first Australian Open title on Saturday. Li played in her third final in four years at Melbourne Park. She lost to Kim Clijsters in 2011 and Victoria Azarenka last year before finally breaking through at the seasons first Grand Slam event against the 20th-seeded Cibulkova. "After I win the match, I really, really exciting," Li said. "I think I have drops still coming down, you know. I try to have hug with the team, but is too high. I cannot catch it (laughter)." Her win came at the end of a fortnight featuring an array of surprising results on the womens side. It was the first time since 1997 that none of the top three seeds made the semifinals. Li committed 25 of her 30 unforced errors in a competitive opening set before she unexpectedly breezed through the second. She had a 34-11 advantage in winners, many coming on her lethal backhand, and converted half of her 10 break-point chances. The second double fault by Cibulkova in the matchs opening game gave Li an early break. A double fault then hurt Li as Cibulkova gained a break to level the first set at 3-all. Li earned a break point with a strong backhand winner in the ninth game, but two of her forehands flew long and Cibulkova was able to hold for a 5-4 lead. After closing out a relative easy service game with an ace to extend the set, Li earned two break points when she followed up Cibulkovas sixth double fault with a blistering crosscourt backhand. Cibulkova then netted a backhand to give Li a 6-5 lead before she broke back to force a tiebreak. Li raced out to a commanding 5-1 lead in the tiebreak and she later claimed the 70-minute first set when Cibulkova dumped a backhand into the net. The second set lasted only 27 minutes and ended with Cibulkova sending a ground stroke long. "You know, it was my first Grand Slam finals and Im just proud with the way I handle it," Cibulkova said. "You know, I just went on the court. I wanted to play my best tennis. It wasnt easy against her because she was playing extremely well. So Im quite happy." Li, who turns 32 next month, captured her second Grand Slam title, adding to her victory at the 2011 French Open, and improved to 9-11 in career finals. She also is just the fourth woman to win the Aussie Open crown after saving a match point. She fought off the match point in the third round against Lucie Safarova and joined Monica Seles (1991), Jennifer Capriati (2002) and Serena Williams (2003 and 2005) to accomplish the feat. "Yeah, start of tournament everybody talking about the age," Li said. "I would like to say age is nothing. Still can win the Grand Slam. So pretty happy about my age. I got more experience on the court." Cibulkova, who stands just 5-foot-3, knocked off No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova in the fourth round and No. 5 seed Agnieszka Radwanska in the semifinals to become Slovakias first Grand Slam finalist. The 24-year-old fell to 3-6 in her career title tilts and 0-5 against Li. Tony Pollard Gear . The midfielder had an operation on Saturday, and is set to miss seven Premier League games, the third round of the FA Cup and the semifinals of the League Cup. Camo Cowboys Jerseys . Fielder ended 4-for-5 with a solo homer, while Avila was 4-for-4 with two runs scored for the Tigers, who put the brakes on a three-game skid and rebounded from a loss in Mondays opener. Victor Martinez and Austin Jackson both contributed two hits, an RBI and a run scored as Detroit maintained its healthy lead atop the AL Central. http://www.officialcowboysnflauthenticshop.com/. As the schedule flipped from November to December, they would go on to drop five straight, falling six games below the .500 mark before a franchise-altering trade turned them into an unrecognizable team. Blue Cowboys Jerseys . Bale has had a successful debut season in Spain, and Ancelotti appears ready to reward him with a starting role on Saturday. Ancelotti says "Gareth had some problems at the beginning (of the season) but when he found good physical condition he scored a lot of goals, he had a good impact on the team. Connor McGovern Gear . Harrison Barnes had 15 points and Reggie Bullock scored 11 for the Tar Heels (17-3, 4-1 ACC), who took the court for the first time without starter Dexter Strickland. The junior guard tore his right ACL last Thursday at Virginia Tech and will miss the rest of the season.Austin, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Cameron Ridley scored 14 points and eighth- ranked Texas used a dominating defensive performance to rout Texas State, 59-27, at the Erwin Center. Javan Felix added 10 points, and Connor Lammert pulled down 10 rebounds for the Longhorns (8-1), who bounced back from a 12-point loss to top-ranked Kentucky on Dec. 5. We were absolutely awful on offense, admitted Texas coach Rick Barnes. We dont play hard enough on offense for as hard as we play on defense. We just dont put the kind of effort and intensity into doing that. As a coaching staff, one thing that weve emphasized in games like this is that we defend and we really guard. I thought we did do that. But offensively, too methodical, not moving the ball, not fighting for our space, not playing hard. Demarcus Holland scored nine points for Texas, which has posted 26 straight wins against Texas State. Cameron Naylor scored eight to pace the Bobcats (5-2), who had just nine points in the opening half and faced a 15-point deficit after 20 minutes. Our game plan was not to let them scoree a lot of points, but our game plan was certainly to score more than 27, Texas State coach Danny Kaspar said.dddddddddddd I have no explanation for the poor shooting other than some guys were a little intimidated by the height they saw. Emani Gant had the Bobcats within 8-5 with 9:15 left in the first half, but the visitors were ice cold from the field. Texas State shot 4-of-25 in the first half, which was finished off by a 3-pointer from Felix. The Longhorns led comfortably throughout the second half in a matchup of two top-10 defenses in the country. The Bobcats came into the contest ranked 10th while the Longhorns were sixth after not allowing a team to crack the 60-point barrier in their first seven games before Kentucky scored 63 last Friday. Game Notes Texas won its 13th in a row at home going back to last season ... Texas leads the all-time series, 44-5. The last time the Bobcats defeated the Longhorns was a 33-31 decision in Austin on Dec. 7, 1937 ... The Longhorns shot 54.8 percent from the field, compared to 21.6 (11-of-51) for the Bobcats. Authentic Bills Jerseys Dolphins Stitched Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Jaguars Jerseys Store Authentic Titans Jerseys Authentic Broncos Jerseys Authentic Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Chargers Jerseys Store Cheap Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Steelers Jerseys Store Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Giants Jerseys Authentic Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Authentic Falcons Jerseys Panthers Jerseys Store Wholesale Saints Jerseys Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys Store Wholesale Rams Jerseys Wholesale Bears Jerseys Authentic Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Vikings Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24544 Beiträge.