out," he said. Giambi had been placed

in Das Team 07.05.2019 03:23
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

SYDNEY, Australia -- Adam Scott shot a 4-under 68 on Saturday to take a four-shot lead over Rory McIlroy heading into the final round of the Australian Open and move closer to a rare Australian triple crown. Scott is trying to match Robert Allenbys 2005 accomplishment of winning the Open, Australian Masters and Australian PGA in quick succession. Scott followed his course record 62 on the first day with a second round 70 and Saturdays round which comprised six birdies and four bogeys, moving to 16-under 200 for the tournament. McIlroy started the day two shots behind Scott but lost ground with a bogey and double-bogey against five birdies, finishing with a round of 70. Australians Richard Green, Matthew Jones and Max McCardle shared third place at 8-under, eight shots off the pace. Calgarys Ryan Yip (74) was tied for 27th at 2-under par. Scotts round on Saturday means he is now 51 under par for his three tournaments in Australia this summer. "To win my national championship tomorrow and then also win the three events down here is an unbelievable spot to be in," Scott said. "If youd told me that a month ago, I wouldnt have believed you. "Before this month started, I hadnt won two tournaments in a row ever," the US Masters champion told reporters. "So to have this opportunity is a bit unreal." Scott said he would sleep easier after holing a six-foot biride putt on the last Saturday, then watching McIlroy miss a birdie putt from closer range, producing a two-stroke swing that gave the local a pronounced advantage. "One round away and a lot can happen," he said. "(Theres) a phenomenon behind me as well so Im sure hes going to throw plenty at me tomorrow. "Im going to have to do a couple of things better than I did today. But as long as the eye stays in with the putter, I should be able to hang on. To finish it off tomorrow would be an incredible way to end the year." McIlroy said his missed birdie chance on 18 had been costly. "It was big," he said. "It would have been nice to birdie that to make the gap from four to three." Jason Day, with whom Scott won the World Cup of golf for Australia last week, fired the days equal-best round of 66 to briefly take the clubhouse lead but eventually that was scaled back to a tie for 10th. Tavon Austin Jersey . -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed left wing Dany Heatley to a one-year deal, returning the 33-year-old unrestricted free agent to the Pacific Division. Connor Williams Cowboys Jersey . The Twins announced Thursday the 28-year-old Albers cleared waivers. He will join the Hanwha Eagles of the Korea Baseball Organization. http://www.cowboysrookieshop.com/Deonte-...Cowboys-Jersey/. Heck, we might just miss the BCS. Maybe? It sort of worked out this season. Top-ranked Florida State (13-0) was the only team to get through the regular season unbeaten, and the Seminoles did it in dominating fashion. Deonte Thompson Jersey . They named Mark Washington as their defensive co-ordinator on Thursday and appear to be closing in on an offensive co-ordinator. Chidobe Awuzie Jersey . With the Pirates in the thick of the race in the NL Central, the timing couldnt be better. Liriano struck out a season-high 11 in seven innings to win consecutive starts for the first time this season and Pittsburgh beat the San Francisco Giants 3-1 on Tuesday night.CLEVELAND - Jason Giambi has never taken a single day as a major leaguer for granted. And at 43, the veteran sluggers not about to start. Giambi was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday by the Cleveland Indians, who also recalled right-hander Trevor Bauer from Triple-A Columbus to start against Detroit and made several other roster moves. Although he wasnt in the starting lineup to face Justin Verlander, Giambi is grateful to be back in any capacity. "Its fun to have your name on the lineup card and get a chance to help the ball club out," he said. Giambi had been placed on the DL on May 5 with a strained calf he injured a day earlier against the Chicago White Sox. It was his Giambis second trip to the DL after he fractured a rib during spring training. Before he went on the DL last month, Giambi, who has 438 career homers, was hitless in 10 at-bats. Its been a rough start. "I went basically from a broken rib, played a few games, calf injury," he said. "That kind of happens when you get that short spring training and dont get to play much. Its definitely hard to get going and come back to the cold weather, but Im excited to be back." The Indians also promoted utility man Justin Sellers from Triple-A Columbus and optioned infielder Jose Ramirez to the Clippers. First baseman Jesus Aguilar, who had two RBIs in Mondays win over Detroit, and left-hander T.J. House were optioned back to the minor leagues to clear room for Giambi and Bauer.dddddddddddd. Indians manager Terry Francona intends to use Giambi in pinch-hitting situations. Hell also be used at designated hitter, and could see more time if Carlos Santana, who is batting .148, continues to struggle. Giambi said if there was one positive about his calf injury, its that it didnt prevent him from keeping his swing sharp. "I was able to do everything," he said. "I could hit. I could do everything else. With the rib, I basically couldnt do anything. I was shut down for basically five weeks, not doing anything. "So, that was nice. I could still hit, throw, everything but run. I kept up with my hitting, which was great. I feel like I could catch up, like I dont have to make up that time to get some swings in, so thats big for me." Bauer will be making his second start. The right-hander, who went 4-1 with a 2.15 ERA in seven starts in the minors, will match up against Verlander and face Detroits fearsome lineup for the first time. The 23-year-old Bauer struck out eight in a spot start against San Diego on April 9. He took the loss, but went back to Columbus and continued to dominate. "We were glad we got a chance to glimpse the last outing, and then he went back to Triple-A and kicked it into gear," Francona said. "Weve been talking for a year, this guys a big part of what we want to do going forward. And to see him growing and understanding, its exciting." Authentic Bills Jerseys Dolphins Stitched Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Jaguars Jerseys Store Authentic Titans Jerseys Authentic Broncos Jerseys Authentic Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Chargers Jerseys Store Cheap Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Steelers Jerseys Store Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Giants Jerseys Authentic Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Authentic Falcons Jerseys Panthers Jerseys Store Wholesale Saints Jerseys Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys Store Wholesale Rams Jerseys Wholesale Bears Jerseys Authentic Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Vikings Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24546 Beiträge.