u know Jon Lester, he sweats like a pig and he

in Das Team 07.05.2019 03:23
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

CARDIFF -- Moving on from a frustrating World Cup, Cristiano Ronaldo began the new season as the last one ended for Real Madrid -- with goals and a trophy. The Portugal forward netted both goals as the European champions convincingly overcame Europa League winner Sevilla with a 2-0 victory to collect the UEFA Super Cup on Tuesday. Ronaldo swept the ball in at the far post in the 30th minute after racing onto Gareth Bales cross, and the world player of the year powered in another four minutes into the second half after being setup by Karim Benzema. "I didnt feel any pain -- I felt pretty good," said Ronaldo, who scored just once in three World Cup games after arriving in Brazil hampered by a left leg injury. "I felt happy to help the team win the trophy ... we played better, with more intensity." Madrid only collected two pieces of silverware last season, but the Copa del Rey triumph was following by ending a 12-year wait to claim a 10th European Cup. Victory in Tuesdays all-Spanish showpiece game captured the first of a possible six trophies for Madrid this season -- a task helped by summer additions that ensured the value of the starting lineup at the Cardiff City Stadium exceeded $600 million. Madrid moved swiftly to sign up the revelation of the World Cup, top-scoring Colombia playmaker James Rodriguez from Monaco for $108 million, along with Germany midfielder Toni Kroos from Bayern Munich for around $40 million. Madrid, with their extra dynamism, unnerved Sevilla from the start, even if their less potent opponents did produce the first threatening shot of the game when Vitolos close-range effort was batted away by Iker Casillas. "We were missing something and werent as aggressive as we could have been," Sevilla coach Unai Emery said through a translator. Many locals had snapped up tickets to see Bale playing in his home city for the first time in the white of Real Madrid. The $130-million Cardiff boy, who made such a devastating impact in his first season in the Spanish capital, just couldnt delight them with a goal. Although his bursts of pace unsettled Sevilla, a tame early shot landed on the roof of the net and a shot from Rodriguezs fine cross was blocked in a crowded penalty area. Bale started on the right with Ronaldo on the opposite flank, but a quick switch helped Real outwit Sevilla to go in front. Ronaldo instigated the move on the halfway line, knocking the ball across to Rodriguez, who released Bale down the left. The rapid advance was completed by Bale sending in pinpoint cross into the path of Ronaldo to slide in past Fernando Navarro and poke the ball over the line. "Weve shown last season that we both created goals for each other, scored a lot of goals and were enjoying playing together," Bale said of Ronaldo. "Obviously we can still improve together and create a good partnership." After being in complete control of the first half, it took just four minutes into the second half for Madrid with Ronaldo once again starting the move that led to the goal after the Spanish capital club broke down the left. World Cup winner Kroos knocked the ball forward for Benzema before it was rolled back for Ronaldo to lash a powerful shot through the fingertips of Beto. Ronaldos double earned him the player of the match award, which was presented by Alex Ferguson, the manager who nurtured his talent at Manchester United. "He was the coach who taught me many things," the 29-year-old Ronaldo said. "So I appreciate him giving me the trophy." For Rodriguez, all that was missing was a goal to cap his debut, and it nearly came in the 68th when a left-footed strike was only kept out by Betos one-handed save. Tougher matches will come, but a second trophy can be collected -- the domestic Super Cup against Atletico Madrid -- before the task of taking the league title off its neighbour begins. Ndamukong Suh Jersey . Acclaimed by world football leaders but held in contempt by many football fans. Blatter should arrive at the Itaquerao stadium in Sao Paulo to watch host Brazil play Croatia confident that this tournament -- his fifth as president -- wont be his last leading the worlds favourite sport. Brian Allen Rams Jersey . -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. http://www.laramsfootballshops.com/aqib-talib-jersey/. This is an exercise I have undertaken a few times, starting in 2009, and hope that Ive refined my approach a little bit in that time to help paint a better picture. John Kelly Rams Jersey . With a win tonight, Buehrle will match Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in the majors with 11. Buehrle is 10-4 with a 2.32 earned run average, but has lost his last three starts, including a 7-3 setback at Yankee Stadium last Wednesday. Brandin Cooks Rams Jersey . Brad Malone had the other goal for the Monsters (1-1-0), while Elliott chipped in an assist for a three-point night and the games first star. Bryan Lerg also had two assists. Corban Knight and Max Reinhart scored for the Heat (1-1-0), who opened their season Friday with a 5-2 win over the Monsters in Cleveland. BOSTON -- Jon Lester says there was nothing but rosin -- which is perfectly legal -- on his glove when he beat the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 1 of the World Series. A Cardinals minor leaguer posted a screen shot on Twitter showing a green substance on Lesters glove. Tyler Melling, a 25-year-old pitcher in the Florida State League, wrote: "Jon Lester using a little Vaseline inside the glove tonight?" The Boston Red Sox left-hander said before Game 2 on Thursday night that "I can honestly tell you that all I use is rosin. So, its obviously frustrating that after a night like last night, we should be having fun and running around with some energy today and Ive got to stand here and answer questions about it." Lester allowed five hits in 7 2-3 scoreless innings with eight strikeouts and a walk in the Red Soxs 8-1 victory. Boston manager John Farrell also said Lester uses only rosin, which is provided on the pitchers mound, to get a better grip. "If you know Jon Lester, he sweats like a pig and he needs rosin," Farrell said before Game 2. "I dont see this as anything at all." Major League Baseball said in a statement Thursday that "we cannot draw any conclusions from this video. There were no complaints from the Cardinals and the umpires never detected anything indicating a foreign substance throughout the game." Section 8.02 of the Official Baseball Rules says a pitcher "shall not apply a foreign substance of any kind to the ball" and says the penalty for a violation is ejection and an automatic suspension. "MLB has obviously evaluated it and issued a statement," Farrelll said.dddddddddddd. "We consider it closed." Mellings tweet was later deleted. "Obviously, when I get a text at 2 oclock in the morning, its not fun," a composed Lester said. "I understand. I saw the picture. It looks bad." He also said he sweats a lot and rosin helps control that. "I throw rosin in my glove. Thats it," Lester said. "I warm up with one hat in the bullpen and then have to change hats when I come in (to the dugout). Ive had plenty of games where Ive got sweat dripping off my brim. Ive put rosin on my hat before to try to stop it. You do a lot of different things to just try to try to contain it. "Even on a cold night like last night, Im still sweating, so youve got to do certain things to try to keep a grip on the ball and not let it slip, and rosin is one of those things that seems to help me." Asked if hes sure that rosin was the only substance in Lesters glove, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said, "this was not instigated by us. And the way that we approach this is we just play the game. We dont deny that some things have been acknowledged. And if thats what he claims, then thats what it is. Thats all there is to it. And right now its pretty much a dead issue." Lester said the issue wouldnt affect him in the future. "I played with Jon basically my whole professional career," Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia said. "He kind of sweats a lot, man. I know he loads up with rosin all over the place. I dont even like going out there and telling him good job, and patting him on the back because you get all wet and stuff." Authentic Bills Jerseys Dolphins Stitched Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Jaguars Jerseys Store Authentic Titans Jerseys Authentic Broncos Jerseys Authentic Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Chargers Jerseys Store Cheap Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Steelers Jerseys Store Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Giants Jerseys Authentic Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Authentic Falcons Jerseys Panthers Jerseys Store Wholesale Saints Jerseys Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys Store Wholesale Rams Jerseys Wholesale Bears Jerseys Authentic Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Vikings Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24544 Beiträge.