so true in pro football that staying

in Gäste und Fragenbereich 09.05.2019 03:31
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Anthony Rizzo wasted little time in getting to Adam Wainwright. Rizzo hit a two-run single in the first that ended Wainwrights scoreless streak at 25 innings, and the Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-5 Friday for their third win in four games. "Im not trying to do too much," Rizzo said. "See the ball and hit it, really try to swing at the pitches I want to hit, not pitchers pitches. Especially with Wainwright, his stuff is so good hes going to eat you alive." Wainwright (5-2) had allowed six runs in 45 innings coming in, but the Cubs matched the runs total in just five innings against the St. Louis ace, who gave up 10 hits. His ERA rose from 1.20 to 2.16. "They did a nice job of spoiling some pitches," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said of his batters. "Youve got to give them all the credit. They grinded out some at-bats today and reaped some benefits." Wainwright had been 6-0 in 12 previous starts and five relief appearances at Wrigley Field. "There were certain pitches today I didnt have good command over," he said. "My curveball was kind of sporadic in the zone and out of the zone, which is pretty rare for me. Its a funny game. Today was not my day. I accept that and take responsibility for today and move on." The scoreless streak was one inning shy of the career high for Wainwright, who had not allowed an extra-base hit since April 12 against the Cubs in St. Louis. "Hes been incredibly consistent through this season so far. ... You can see pitches were just on the edge and not where he wanted them or werent getting called," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "Its a frustrating day when he knows our guys put some offence up for him and we just cant stop them. He limited the damage and figured out ways to keep us in it. We had some chances." Rizzo added a leadoff home run in the fifth that put Chicago ahead 6-3. Welington Castillo had three doubles for Chicago, which sent the skidding Cardinals to their 10th loss in 16 games. Travis Wood (2-3) gave up three runs -- two earned -- and six hits in seven innings but allowed just one runner in his final three innings. Justin Grimm gave up Jhonny Peraltas two-run homer in the eighth, Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his second save. Cubs centerfielder Ryan Sweeney made a catch on the run in the eighth on a drive to right-centre by Allen Craig. Sweeney injured his right hamstring and was replaced by Emilio Bonifacio, who moved from second. "It was great determination," Renteria said. "Hammys hurt." St. Louis overcame its early deficit, tying the game in the third when Matt Carpenter singled in a run and scored on Peraltas double. Chicago loaded the bases in the bottom half on a pair of walks around Starlin Castros single. Ryan Sweeney drove in the go-ahead run with a weak grounder to second that allowed Rizzo to score from third, and Castillo followed with a two-out, two-run double. Castros throwing error from shortstop on Randal Grichuks grounder allowed Yadier Molina to score from third and cut the deficit to 5-3 in the fourth. NOTES: Cubs GM Jed Hoyer said RHP Jose Veras (left oblique strain) will begin his rehab assignment at Double-A Tennessee and pitch at some point in the next few days, depending on how he feels. ... Cubs prospect OF Jorge Soler (hamstring) is progressing at the teams facility in Mesa, Arizona. Hoyer said "the reports have been good" and he hopes Soler will join Tennessee soon. ... RHP Jack Arrieta is to make his big league season debut for the Cubs when he starts Saturday. RHP Michael Wacha (2-2) is slated to slart for St. Louis. 19:27ET 02-05-14 Michael Del Zotto Jersey .C. - Brent Sutter scored 1:32 into extra time as the Charlotte Checkers came from behind to defeat the visiting Abbotsford Heat 5-4 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Markus Granlund Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. http://www.officialcanuckspro.com/Henrik...canucks-jersey/. - John Elways philosophy is to address immediate needs in free agency, even though some of his own veterans may prove too pricey to keep around. Igor Larionov Jersey .com) - After Tom Brady added to an already illustrious legacy, Malcolm Butler established his by leaving the Seattle Seahawks, well, deflated. Pavel Bure Jersey . Its the second of three meetings between these teams this season. Vancouver was a 2-1 winner on home ice December 22nd.I have great hopes for Jonathan Crompton, quarterback for the Montreal Alouettes. I hope he comes through and becomes a dominate player in every aspect of his position. Really, I am not sure if there is a Plan B. Troy Smith was plan A and Alex Brink was plan B so I guess in reality Crompton is plan C. Now he does have moments of brilliance but the team needs more of them. Over the first three quarters on Friday night only 68 yards and seven out of 10 possessions were two and out. Come on, Crompton, in many ways you are in the right place at the right time to make it happen. After the two losses to Calgary, it was important for Edmonton to get back to winning. I thought Mike Reilly played his best football in the fourth quarter and Adarius Bowman is having his best year in his CFL career. But the two guys that are on their way to making the transition from noticed once in a while to noticed all the time are Kendial Lawrence and Tyler Thomas. Both are running backs and both are 59" and 195lbs. When John White went down with injury, Lawrence recognized the opportunity and performed. It is so true in pro football that staying healthy is so critical to success. Not only when you are healthy you are active and contributing to winning but you also keep the guy behind you “an unknown” talent. The more the guy behind you is unknown the better because everyone now knows about Lawrence. As for Thomas, he is a part-time running back and a very good kickoff returner. Thomas is going to take a kick and return it for a touchdown before this season is over. Too much confidence, too much explosive speed, and too much ability to break tackles not to capitalize on at some point this season. The Eskimos have an interesting game this week in Hamilton because due to the absence of Darian Durant in Saskatchewan it is Edmonton that has a great shot at finishing second in the West when all is said and done in early November. In Calgary I dont know the bigger story. How well the Argos played in the first half of their 40-33 loss or the fact they gave up a 29-point lead to lose in the second half. Or maybe it is Calgary and their ability to come bback and win.dddddddddddd I guarantee you the celebration in the locker room after the game and winning the way they did was like a playoff game victory or winning a division at the end of the season. To be able to maintain concentration, faith and effort down by so many points says a lot about not just ability, but resolve and character too. It is true that people rise or fall during adversity and when you rise, it says a lot about what is inside you as a player because what is inside is eventually expressed on the outside for all to see. That was a great game to watch and an even better one to be a part of. With Toronto, they can play winning football, they just dont know it and therefore must prove it for four quarters. In BC Place the Lions moved two points ahead of Winnipeg and have played one less game. The Bombers are on a slide; losing five in a row is tough to deal with but losing Drew Willy is tougher. This is their bye week so the ability to regroup and re-evaluate is an asset in the moment. Still no doubt this is a make or break scenario coming up for Winnipeg. Out of their six remaining games, four are in the West so they control their playoff destiny, but do they have a quarterback presently on the roster to get them there? Finally, I was really impressed by Hamilton. Yes, they played the Roughriders at the right time with Durant out and Tino Sunseri in. Orlondo Steinauer had a good defensive game plan for a quarterback starting his first game and his plan changed the game. Still it was the best I have seen the Ticats play in a long time and Zach Collaros gave every indication all is going to be ok. Taylor Reed, number 44 out of SMU, looked really good at middle linebacker. First year player and maybe the Ticats have found a long term player at that critical position. With the Riders, the two weeks left in September will be a challenge. Good news is offensive coordinator George Cortez will teach Sunseri all he needs to know. Bad news is there is no guarantee that what is taught will be seen next week at home against Ottawa, or the week after in Edmonton. Amazing how all can chang in one week to the next. Wholesale USA Soccer Jerseys discount uswnt jersey Wholesale AC Milan Jerseys Wholesale Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Wholesale Chelsea Jerseys Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Bayern Munich Jerseys For Sale Cheap Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Cheap Inter Milan Jerseys Juventus Jerseys From China Leicester City Jerseys For Sale Discount Liverpool Jerseys Wholesale Manchester City Jerseys Manchester United Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Real Madrid Jerseys From China Cheap Sevilla Jerseys Authentic Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24543 Beiträge.