be trying to win his 20th straight match -- a

in News & Regeln 31.05.2019 04:11
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- In their cozy, hitter-friendly ballpark, the Philadelphia Phillies just cant seem to score runs. Casey McGehee hit a two-run double, Nathan Eovaldi pitched six-hit ball into the seventh inning and the Miami Marlins beat the Phillies 4-0 Monday night. Hoping to build momentum after a 5-2 road trip that featured five straight wins over Atlanta and St. Louis, the Phillies were shut out for the 10th time this season, and seventh time in their last 25 home games. Theyve lost three in a row after the five-game winning streak pulled them to within 3 1-2 games of first place in a mediocre NL East. "I dont have an explanation for that," manager Ryne Sandberg said of the teams hitting problems at home. "It needs to change. A night like this is conducive for hitting, we need to do a better job at home." Eovaldi (5-3) went 6 1-3 innings and got 12 of his 19 outs on flyballs. The right-hander hadnt won since May 26 and gave up 11 runs in his previous two starts. Phillies starter Roberto Hernandez (3-6) allowed two runs and three hits, striking out six in six innings. Hernandez lined a single to right in the third inning for his first career hit after going 0 for 40. "I dont care about hitting," Hernandez said. "They pay me to pitch." Coming off a 3-7 homestand, the Marlins kicked off a four-game series with a rare win in Philadelphia. Theyre just 10-26 at Citizens Bank Park since 2010, including two wins in their last 10 games. The Marlins are tied with San Diego and Tampa Bay for fewest road wins this season with 13. "Eovaldi threw the ball well," Phillies slugger Ryan Howard said. "We hit some balls pretty good but just couldnt find any ground. I dont think we were pressing. We just didnt get that hit." The Marlins got all the runs they needed in the first inning. Derek Dietrich hit a single and Giancarlo Stanton was hit by a pitch. McGehee followed with a drive to right-centre to score both runners. Though he only has one homer out of the cleanup spot, McGehee has 46 RBIs. McGehee has a 14-game hitting streak on the road. Hes hitting .435 (27 for 62) with 10 RBIs in those games. Pinch-hitter Reed Johnson drove in a run in the ninth on a bloop single to left. Dietrich also had an RBI single in the inning. Eovaldi pitched out of a jam in the fourth after Cody Asche ripped a double to put runners on second and third with two outs. He retired Domonic Brown on a shallow fly to end the inning. Eovaldi allowed one walk and has issued only five in his last seven starts, covering 45 innings. The Marlins turned three double plays, including a nifty 6-4-3 started by Ed Lucas on a hard one-hopper in the hole by Carlos Ruiz in the eighth inning. NOTES: Injured Phillies ace Cliff Lee will throw his third bullpen session Tuesday. Lee has been sidelined by an elbow strain since May 20. Hes hoping to return before the All-Star break. ... Phillies reliever Mike Adams received a cortisone shot on his ailing right shoulder last week and hopes to return after the All-Star break. ... Former Phillies OFs Pat Burrell and Bobby Abreu (currently with the Mets) were among those who turned out to honour Jimmy Rollins during a pregame ceremony. Rollins became the clubs all-time hits leader on June 14. ... LHP Andrew Heaney (0-1, 1.50) goes for the Marlins against RHP David Buchanan (3-3, 4.95) on Tuesday night. Luke Kuechly Jersey . 15-23, the Ottawa Senators will by hoping to avoid going five straight games without a victory for the first time since a 0-3-2 drought from Oct. Shaq Thompson Jersey . -- Two-time AL Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana agreed Tuesday to a minor league contract with the Baltimore Orioles as he tries to come back from the second major operation on his left shoulder. http://www.officialcarolinapanthersfootb...s-jersey-womens. The Maple Leafs may not have had a pick until the third round, but they have made the biggest move of the second day of the Draft, dealing defenceman Carl Gunnarsson and a fourth-round pick in the draft to the St. Mario Addison Jersey . -- Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is going to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks. Donte Jackson Jersey . -- Chris Crawford hit a 3-pointer with 1:36 left to put Memphis ahead to stay, and the 21st-ranked Tigers beat seventh-ranked Louisville 72-66 Saturday, sweeping the season series from the Cardinals.SHANGHAI, China -- Rafael Nadal lost his first match since reclaiming the No. 1 ranking this week, falling to a resurgent Juan Martin del Potro 6-2, 6-4 in the Shanghai Masters semifinals on Saturday. The fifth-ranked del Potro will try to win his first Masters title on Sunday against top-seeded Novak Djokovic, who defeated Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the other semifinal 6-2, 7-5. Del Potro hadnt beaten Nadal since the semifinals of the 2009 U.S. Open where the Argentine went on to win his only Grand Slam title. But del Potro is playing fully fit and with confidence -- hes coming off a win last week at the Japan Open that returned him to the top five in the rankings for the first time in three years. He completely overpowered Nadal with his deep, punishing groundstrokes and fended off all six break points he faced. Nadals serve, on the other hand, was under threat for the entire match. After not dropping serve in 28 games this week, the Spaniard was broken twice to start the match as del Potro raced out to 4-0. Del Potro started to make a few mistakes in the second set, giving Nadal two chances to break in the second game. But the Argentine saved both with huge serves and put the pressure right back on Nadal, breaking him for a third time in the following game. "I played so solid all the time, hitting so hard the ball. I saw Rafa playing very far off the baseline, which is good for my game, for my serve and confidence. Thats the way to beat this guy," del Potro said. Nadal said he hadnt seen del Potro play this well in years. Or anyone, for that matter. "Very few times I played against a player with a level like today I played against," the Spaniard said. "At the end, I played against a player who served 80 per cent of first serves, who hit every ball as hard as he can, I think, and with no mistakes." The big-hitting Argentine, who wrapped up a spot in the ATP Finals in London with the win, has been working his way back into top form since a wrist injury knocked him off the tour for most of 2010 -- just after he got his breakthrough win as a 20-year-old at the U.S. Open. Now he believes he can challengge Djokovic, Nadal and Andy Murray for major titles again, as his run to the semifinals of Wimbledon this year showed.dddddddddddd He lost a tight, five-setter to Djokovic in that match, but he had beaten the Serb a few months earlier at Indian Wells. "I always believe (in) myself. I always believe (in) my game," he said. "It could be my biggest challenge of my career, getting closer to the top position." Djokovic, meanwhile, will be trying to win his 20th straight match -- and fourth straight tournament -- in China on Sunday. He won the China Open and the Shanghai Masters in 2012, and then successfully defended his title in Beijing last week, beating Nadal in the final. "Ive always been coming out in China and making some really, really good results, winning trophies," Djokovic said. "Its very positive because most of the people would think after the fourth Grand Slam of the year is over, that somehow the season is finished in the minds of maybe people who are not following consistently the tennis season." Djokovic raced to 3-0 after only seven minutes against Tsonga, who came out looking flat and misfiring wildly at times on his groundstrokes and volleys. However, Djokovic then lost his temper in the second set when serving at 4-2, yelling angrily at chair umpire Ali Nili after two disputed calls. Tsonga twice challenged late calls that went against him - and both times the Hawk-Eye camera replay showed the balls had clipped the line. The umpire awarded both points to Tsonga, prompting a furious reaction from Djokovic who thought the points should have been replayed. "Twice I was on the ball, twice you take the point away from me," Djokovic yelled. "Focus!" Tsonga managed to break the rattled Serb to get back on serve at 4-3, but his comeback was short-lived as another error-strewn game allowed Djokovic to break him at 6-5 to close out the match. "When youre on the tennis court, it feels like an arena," Djokovic said about his outburst. "Youre fighting. Its emotional. Its intense. Its normal. Its not the first nor the last time." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24546 Beiträge.