rd expects a tough contest.

in News & Regeln 01.06.2019 04:01
von lebaobei123 • 225 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Cam Newton is not worried about when hell return to the football field — he said hes just happy to be alive.The Panthers quarterback returned to the teams facility Thursday, two days after a two-car accident left him with two fractures in his lower back. He did not practice and his playing status will be reevaluated next week.As far as when Im coming back, who cares? Im just thankful to have breath in my lungs, Newton said as he stood behind a podium during a seven-minute press conference.Newton wont play Sunday against Tampa Bay, Derek Anderson will start at quarterback.Thats fine with Newton, who feels blessed to not have been injured worse — or killed.Im on somebodys fantasy (football) league and I think its the man upstairs, Newton said.Newton arrived at the stadium Thursday morning and attended some team meetings, watched film and began rehabilitation with the training staff. He said his back remains a little stiff, but otherwise feels great.Newton said he doesnt think the other driver saw him as he pulled out into traffic onto the one-way street where the quarterback was driving, about a block from the teams stadium.Newton said the other car clipped the side of his slightly elevated 1998 Dodge truck, causing him to spin and the truck to overturn. Newton said he was conscious for the entire accident, but isnt sure how many times his vehicle flipped.He said the air bags did deploy in his truck.The one thing I remember is that I couldnt talk afterward because I was in such shock, Newton said. In my book one plus one always equals two. And Im looking at this truck and this accident and like, dude, one plus one doesnt equal two. Im like, hey, somebody is supposed to be dead.Newton said he didnt feel any immediate pain, but as his adrenaline started to wear off his lower back began to tighten.Newton said hes not sure how long he will be out of action.He made the decision to come to the stadium to put other peoples minds at ease and doesnt want to be a distraction.My presence not only helped others but it helped me, Newton said.Teammates said they were thrilled to see Newton.Anderson said he gave Newton a light hug when he saw him in the training room.I think it was an eye-opener for him, Anderson said of the experience.Panthers coach Ron Rivera said the best-case scenario is Newton could return to action Dec. 21 against Cleveland, but added it will largely be up to the former No. 1 overall picks pain threshold.Well take it one week at a time, Rivera said.The Panthers are half-game out of first place in the NFC South despite a 4-8-1 record after a 41-10 victory over New Orleans last Sunday. They could take over control of the division if they beat the Bucs (2-11) and the Saints and Falcons lose.Anderson, who is 19-25 as an NFL starter, said hes excited for the opportunity to play in such a big game.Obviously the circumstances arent ideal but Ive had a good two days to try get on the same page with everybody, Anderson said.Anderson said the injury could bring the Panthers closer together as a team as the season winds down. He said its one of the tightest locker rooms hes been around in during his 10 seasons in the league and the show of love and support for Newton was noticeable.Guys genuinely care about his well-being first and foremost, Anderson said. And those things kind of bring guys together.Tight end Greg Olsen said Newton was in good spirits as he passed through the locker room.I think its good for him to get back around the guys and get in a normal routine, Olsen said. Its good to see guys him get back because it means things are getting back to normal.NOTES: Rivera said DeAngelo Williams will miss his second straight game with a broken hand. Jonathan Stewart, who ran for 155 yards last Sunday against New Orleans, will get the start.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Authentic Lions Jerseys . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season. Cheap Lions Jerseys . Cincinnati has lost back-to-back games in overtime, wasting a chance to take a commanding lead in their division. http://www.cheapdetroitlionsjerseysauthentic.com/. Showing more spark after not taking enough challenging shots on goal in their 1-0 loss Friday night, the Bruins had 18 shots in the first period after managing just 25 in the entire opener. Luke Glendening cut Bostons lead to 2-1 at 13:20 of the second period before Milan Lucic scored late in the second and Zdeno Chara added a power-play goal early in the third. Barry Sanders Jersey . Terry came from Boston along with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce but has appeared in just 35 games after a knee injury, averaging 4.5 points on 36 per cent shooting. Evans was a favourite of fans but not coach Jason Kidd, who used him in just 30 of their 51 games. Will Harris Jersey . Mitchell first announced on Twitter that he has signed with the Steelers and his agent Brian Hamilton confirmed the signing to The Associated Press. Financial terms were not released. The Steelers have not announced the addition of Mitchell.Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews believes the weather rather than his side’s inexperience will be the tourists biggest challenge in their forthcoming Test series against England. Sri Lanka meet England in three Test matches, beginning at Yorkshires Headingley ground on Thursday, May 19, live on Sky Sports.But the Lions are no longer able to call upon Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene following the pairs retirement and have named uncapped duo Dasun Shanaka and Dhananjaya de Silva as part of their 17-man Test squad. The main challenge is going to be the weather for us initially. Were preparing ourselves as well as we possibly can, Mathews said.Yes we dont have Sangakkara and Mahela anymore, that we had in 2014, but weve got to move on, weve got to take on the challenge. I believe we can still win if we play to our potential. Angelo Mathews insists his young squad will surprise England Most of the players havent played that much cricket in England, its going to be the first time for most of them. But were trying to acclimatise as soon as possible.Weve got some fearless players in our side and that can be a plus for us. Well have to play really good cricket to beat England though. Mathews celebrates reaching his century at Headingley in 2014 Mathews smashed 160 the last time the two sides met at Headingley in 2014, with tailender James Anderson dismissed with the penultimate ball of the match as Sri Lanka claimed a 100-run victory, clinching their first Test series win in England.The 2014 series is one moment well cherish for the rest of our lives, he said. Wed never won a Test series here before, so to do that was fantastic.If we can repeat that once again it would be ideal. Its going to be a tough challenge. Sri Lankas cricketers received a Buddhist blessing in Colombo before flying to England Sri Lanka have coach Graham Ford back for a second stint with the national side after the South African cut short his time with Surrey to rejoin the team.dddddddddddd.It was a really tough decision but nice to be back with the Sri Lankan boys and experience the wonderful fighting attitude that they have and their passion for the game, Ford said.I think, first and foremost we are here to try to win the Test series and I believe we can do that. Sri Lanka head coach Graham Ford is confident he will get a great idea of the stage his team are at when they face England But with England having won the Ashes at home and triumphed in a Test series in South Africa in the past year, Ford expects a tough contest.He said: They have played fantastic cricket for a while now. They surprised some people in winning the Ashes convincingly but that certainly sent out a message as to what a good team they are. They played very well in South Africa too.But theres no better way to grow a young team than to play against a really good outfit.Watch Englands Test series against Sri Lanka live and exclusive on Sky Sports. Also See: Ford: SL must adapt quickly Cork: England strong favourites Silva fit for England tour Vince should play against SL Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24543 Beiträge.