ut them down defensively and put this game a

in Kaninchen-Ratgeber 03.06.2019 05:36
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Redskins coach Mike Shanahan spoke Monday with the NFLs director of officiating after the league said Sunday nights crew made an error on Washingtons final drive. The league said officials should have stopped play and eliminated confusion about the down and distance at the end of the Giants 24-17 victory at Washington. "I talked to Dean earlier today, he gave me a call and just went over the scenario," Shanahan said, referring to Dean Blandino, who oversees NFL officiating. "Obviously they made a mistake and you live with it." With New York leading by seven points just after the two-minute warning, a catch by the Redskins Pierre Garcon on second-and-5 was spotted short of a first down at the Washington 45. Referee Jeff Triplette signalled third down. But the head linesman, with the Redskins in a hurry-up offence, incorrectly motioned for the crew to advance the chains, which caused the down boxes to read first down. "In this situation where there is obvious confusion as to the status of the down, that play should have been stopped prior to third down and the correct down communicated to both clubs," Blandino said Monday in a statement. "This should have occurred regardless of the fact that Washington had no timeouts and it was inside two minutes." Only the referee can rule and signal a first down. The official nearest to the down markers and chain crew, the head linesman, is required to wait for that first-down signal from the referee before moving the chains. That did not happen at FedEx Field. After Washingtons incomplete pass on the next play -- which many Redskins believed was on first down -- the chains were moved back and the down boxes correctly reset to fourth down. Blandino said instant replay review was not used on Garcons catch because the replay official determined the ball was "correctly spotted short of the line to gain for a first down." Shanahan was asked if he would be in favour of scrapping the chains and using laser technology to help spot the ball. "You talk about it at the owners meeting, kind of go through the variables, exactly how accurate it is and how it would be implemented," he said. "I think theres a lot of technology that you could possibly use, but before you do that you go through all the situations and find out if its effective and how effective." Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III said the confusion affected the play calling. "The chain said first down, and then when we came back, we think its second-and-10, and theyre yelling out its fourth down," Griffin said. "No explanation. No measurement. Didnt stop the clock to allow the chains to move back. And we just had to go ahead and call the play." Griffin did complete a 6-yard pass to Garcon on fourth-and-1, but safety Will Hill stripped the ball. The Giants then ran out the clock. "I told him I wanted a measurement because I knew it was close," Shanahan said, not specifying which official he was referring to. "It was inches. And he said, No, its a first down. And he moved the chains. And then after I saw it was fourth down, I asked him, You already told me it was first down. He didnt say anything. So that was quite disappointing." Speaking to a pool reporter Sunday night, Triplette said: "We signalled third down on the field. The stakes were moved incorrectly. After that play, we said it was still third down. We had signalled third down prior to the play starting. The stakes just got moved incorrectly." Triplette defended not stopping play, saying it would have given an "unfair advantage." But Blandino said Monday that was the wrong decision. Giants defensive end Justin Tuck, who played every snap, said he was aware it was not a first down. "I remember turning to the referee and saying, Thats not a first down, " Tuck said Monday. " Obviously, theyre hurrying up, you dont really have time to argue it. "I think at the end of the day, it was actually the right call. It might not have come across in the right manner, but I think it was the right call. And when the ball is getting snapped that fast, its very tough for a referee to get all of these calls right." Cheap Vikings Jerseys . Malone will become an unrestricted free-agent and as per the collective bargaining agreement, the Lightning will be responsible for two-thirds of the remainder of his contract over twice the length of the rest of the deal. Brett Favre Jersey . The third-ranked Buckeyes were down eight points to Notre Dame with less than 2 minutes to play and their offence was nowhere to be found. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseysauthentic....-foreman-jersey. At this rate, the Flyers captain is set to be remembered more for a fantastic finish. Alexander Mattison Jersey . -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. Randy Moss Jersey . They find themselves trying to knock each other out in the Western Conference finals for the second straight year. The Blackhawks prevailed last year on their way to the Stanley Cup, and they have the early lead this time after taking the opener, 3-1.DENVER -- Forget fast-break football. This was steel-cold efficiency. Peyton Manning made quick work of the Philadelphia Eagles in a warp-speed game between the NFLs top two offences, both of which like to snap the ball quickly. The Denver Broncos scored more points than they ever had in their 54-year history on Sunday, blowing out the Eagles 52-20 behind Mannings four touchdown throws and two special teams scores. "Might have to give old Thunder an IV after this one," Manning said of the white Arabian gelding who trots around the Sports Authority Field following touchdowns. If theres any IV bags left, that is. With two TD passes each to Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker, Manning completed all but a half dozen of his 34 throws for 327 yards. He didnt even step on the field in the fourth quarter and cooled his cleats on the sideline for a 12-minute stretch in the first half, no less. Just another day in the life of Manning, whose 16 TD passes are the most in the first month of a season, besting the previous mark of 14 set by Don Meredith in 1966 and tied by Kurt Warner in 1999. Manning also joined Milt Plum in 1960 as the only quarterbacks to throw that many touchdown passes without an interception. "We have high expectations for ourselves and want to go out there and score a lot of points," Welker said. "We were able to do that today." Just as they have all season, piling up 49, 41, 37 and 52 points, thanks mostly to Manning, whos off to the best start of his storied career and helped Denver outgain Michael Vick and the Eagles 472 yards to 450. Manning got off to a rather slow start but drove the Broncos (4-0) on a trio of long touchdown drives in the third quarter to make this one another laugher. Those drives covered 80, 80 and 65 yards and not once did the Broncos face a third down in any of them. "Hes efficient, man," marveled Champ Bailey. "And hopefully he gets better -- I dont know how, but hopefully he does -- because this guys a prime example of what it takes to be a great quarterback in this league. "I know a lot of quarterbacks wish they could do it like that." Denver collected 35 first downs overall and only five of them were on third down conversions. "I think it is disconcerting," Eagles coach Chip Kelly said. "But youre also playing against an offence that four teams haave tried to stop them and they havent yet.dddddddddddd I dont have an answer." No one has figured out the Broncos after their halftime adjustments yet. "We find kind of our second wind," Eric Decker said. "Thats something weve trained for, to be able to play 60 minutes, to be able to finish in the second half. "Thats what we do best. We have a lot of confidence coming out of the locker room that were going to score or shut them down defensively and put this game away." The Eagles (1-3) also allowed two TDs on special teams in losing for the third straight time, all to AFC West opponents: Trindon Hollidays 105-yard kickoff return and Steven Johnsons blocked punt, which he scooped up himself and returned for a 17-yard score. Matt Praters 53-yard field goal capped Denvers 15th straight regular-season win, which bested the franchise mark of 14 set in 1997-98 and also broke the previous franchise scoring record of 50 points set against San Diego on Oct. 6, 1963. Only the 1966 Dallas Cowboys, with 183 points, scored more than the Broncos 179 in their first four games. Hollidays sixth TD return in 21 career games oddly worked in Philadelphias favour, keeping Manning on the sideline for more than 12 minutes on the game clock. "I think it did have a little bit of an effect on us," Manning said. "We probably had our worst series, had a three-and-out, after that." After throwing a 6-yard scoring pass to Welker, Manning stood impatiently on the sideline for the final 10:19 of the first quarter and the first 42 seconds of the second quarter, and when he did get the ball back, his 40-yard pass went off a wide-open Deckers fingertips. Then, Welker slipped on a third down screen pass and Manning was back on the sideline watching Chris Polks 4-yard touchdown run cut it to 14-13. Knowshon Morenos 4-yard TD run made it 21-13 at halftime. The Eagles became the first team in NFL history to accumulate at least 1,000 yards passing and 750 yards rushing through the first four games of the season. That was of little consolation. "We couldnt stop them," Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin said. Notes: Hollidays TD return rate of 1 per every 3.5 games played is the best since the 1970 merger. ... Vick finished 14 of 27 for 248 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions and ran eight times for 41 yards. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24544 Beiträge.