r our national pastime because of peo

in Fotos- und Geschichten 06.06.2019 06:32
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

​Englands tour of New Zealand in early 2018 could incorporate a day-night Test after the Kiwis announced they were pursuing staging their first five-day match under lights against Alastair Cooks men at Eden Park in Auckland. The Black Caps made history last November when they contested the inaugural day-night Test against Australia in Adelaide, which drew big crowds and television ratings.And New Zealand Cricket has confirmed it is eager to test the waters on home soil at the countrys biggest stadium against England after announcing its next two summer schedules, which includes two one-day series against Australia. The sun sets over the Adelaide Oval New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White said: The last couple of years have seen a significant rise in interest in cricket and I think the schedule weve locked in will help that interest continue to grow.Theres some obvious highlights, with two more Chappell-Hadlee series at home, a three-match Test series against South Africa and the probability of a day-night Test against England at Eden Park. While we cant confirm it yet, its something were extremely interested in and working towards.England may therefore face being asked to play two day-night Tests in as many series, with Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland saying last month there was a distinct possibility of a floodlit Ashes match in 2017/18.Sky Sports News HQ has been told Edgbaston is keen to turn next summers Test match against the West Indies into the countrys first ever day-nighter. They are at the internal planning stage but Warwickshire are hoping to make a proposal to the ECB soon.Edgbaston was the first ground to stage a professional day-night game in the UK in 1997. Also See: Sir Ian Botham David Lloyd Nasser Hussain Bob Willis Otis Sistrunk Jersey . - John Elways philosophy is to address immediate needs in free agency, even though some of his own veterans may prove too pricey to keep around. Jim Plunkett Jersey . Still, its a start. Josh Baileys goal with 1:40 left capped a furious third-period rally, and the Islanders edged the Penguins 4-3 on Friday night. http://www.authenticraiderspro.com/Jerry...raiders-jersey/. The Montreal Canadiens goaltender has won three of his four games since returning from a lower-body injury that kept him out from the end of the Olympic break until March 15. Fred Biletnikoff Jersey . Pearce had a career-high four hits and drove in two runs, and Wei-Yin Chen shut down Texas again as the Orioles completed a four-game sweep of the Rangers with a 5-2 victory on Thursday night. Antonio Brown Jersey . -- Arizona coach Bruce Arians says there "were obviously very, very many problems" with the officiating in the Cardinals 24-21 loss at Philadelphia. ATLANTA -- Hank Aaron is still the home run king to many. Even baseball commissioner Bud Selig has a difficult time seeing it any other way. Aaron was honoured before the Braves game against the New York Mets on Tuesday night with a ceremony commemorating the 40th anniversary of his 715th home run, the one that pushed him past Babe Ruth and gave him the major league record. Aaron finished with 755 home runs, but was eventually passed on the career list by Barry Bonds, whose career was tarnished by steroids allegations. Bonds has 762 homers, but many baseball fans dont accept that number and stand by Aaron as the true record-holder. Speaking with reporters after the ceremony, Selig was asked about Aaron being called the true home run king. "Im always in a sensitive spot there, but Ive said that myself and Ill just leave it at that," Selig said. During the ceremony Braves chairman Terry McGuirk said Aaron "set the home-run record the old-fashioned way" and added "You will always be the home run king of all time." Retired Braves broadcaster Pete Van Wieren earned a big ovation when he said Aaron is "still recognized as baseballs true home run king." Aaron, 80, was given a standing ovation in the ceremony before the game. Aaron broke Ruths record with his homer on April 8, 1974, off the Dodgers Al Downing. Downing attended the ceremony and threw out the first pitch. Some of Aarons 1974 teammates returned, including Dusty Baker, who was on-deck when the record-breaking homer was hit, Ralph Garr, Phil Niekro, Ron Reed, Marty Perez and Tom House, who caught the homer in the bullpen. Aaron thankedd fans "for all your kindness all these many years.dddddddddddd" Aaron, recovering from recent hip-replacement surgery, used a walker. "The game of baseball was a way that I relaxed myself each year that I went on the field for 23 years," Aaron said. "I gave baseball everything that I had, everything, every ounce of my ability to play the game I tried to play to make you the fans appreciate me more. Thank you." Selig, Aarons longtime friend, established the Hank Aaron Award in 1999 to honour the top hitter in each league. He called Aarons 715th homer "the most famous and treasured record in American sports." Selig said Aaron was a worthy successor to Ruth as home-run king "because he is the living embodiment of the American spirit. ... Baseball is forever our national pastime because of people like Henry Aaron." The Braves wore their 1970s era white-and-blue uniforms, complete with small "a" caps, in tribute to Aaron. The Braves are wearing an Aaron 40th anniversary patch on their uniform sleeves this season. The numbers "715" were painted on the outfield grass, stretching from left-centre to right-centre. The Braves unveiled Aaron jerseys from other college and professional teams in the Atlanta area. Falcons owner Arthur Blank, former Georgia coach and athletic director Vince Dooley and former Georgia Tech coach Bill Curry were among those who stood with their teams jerseys adorned with Aarons name and No. 44. The outfield was filled with fans, each wearing blue 44 Braves jerseys and each holding baseball-shaped signs bearing numbers from 1 to 715. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24543 Beiträge.