mation lawsuit filed by Pujols in Octob

in News & Regeln 05.07.2019 09:05
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- Jack Clarks comments implying that Albert Pujols used steroids were too vague to do any real harm and a court should dismiss the lawsuit pitting the two former St. Louis Cardinals stars against each other, Clarks attorney said Tuesday. A motion filed Monday on behalf of Clark seeks dismissal of the defamation lawsuit filed by Pujols in October. The suit followed comments Clark made on his St. Louis radio show, "The King and the Ripper Show," in August. Among other things, Clark said he knew "for a fact" that Pujols was "a juicer." Pujols has vehemently denied using performance-enhancing drugs. Clark and his WGNU-AM show co-host Kevin Slaten were fired within days of the comments, and the stations owner broadcast a lengthy apology and posted similarly contrite statements on its website. The lawsuit names Clark but does not name the radio station or Slaten. Clarks attorney, Albert Watkins, said Clarks on-air comments were too vague to cause real harm to Pujols. "You call someone a juicer, in fact, there are multiple definitions of juicer," Watkins said. "It could mean illegal performance enhancing drugs, legal performance enhancing drugs. "Simply saying that my client asserted that Mr. Pujols was a juicer, under the law that governs defamation actions, is not enough," Watkins said. Pujols attorney, Martin Singer of Los Angeles, did not return a phone message seeking comment. The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages that would be donated to charity and asks for a determination and declaration that Clarks statements are false. Pujols now plays for the Los Angeles Angels but maintains a home in St. Louis County. Clark also lives in the St. Louis area. The lawsuit said Pujols "character and reputation are impeccable and beyond reproach" and cites his charitable work with the Pujols Family Foundation. The suit calls calling Clark "a struggling radio talk show host" who was chasing ratings in the first week his new show was on the air when the comments were made. Pujols, a nine-time All-Star, played for the Cardinals from 2001-11, before signing a 10-year, $240 million deal with the Angels. Clark played for the Cardinals from 1985-87 and was a four-time All-Star. Swell Black Friday Sale .com) - Klay Thompson is quickly proving he is worth every penny of his recently signed four-year contract extension. Swell Cyber Monday .FIFA says it is relaxing the rule which forced match officials to leave its international list at the end of the year they turned 45. http://www.waterbottleblackfriday.com/. "Rob brings a wealth of coaching experience, having worked both in Canada and overseas in player development," Canada Soccer technical director Tony Fonseca said in a release. Hydro Flask Black Friday Sale .twitter.com/TeZD3KOvlA — Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) September 24, 2014 Sorry for the delay, we just got back from lunch at Papa Vons #NBAFastFood pic. Swell Black Friday . -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency.PARIS -- Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the third round of the French Open on Wednesday after a come-from-behind win over German Julia Goerges. Bouchard dropped the first set but then rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 victory. "I wasnt worried after the first, I just took my time," said Bouchard. "I just really tried to forget about that I lost the first set and just start fresh. Thats what I did for the second and third." The 18th seed from Westmount, Que., will play Swede Johanna Larsson, who upset 12th-seeded Italian Flavia Pennetta 5-7, 6-4, 6-2. "For sure it definitely wasnt one of my best days, but Im proud that I was able to turn it around,"said Bouchard. "It was definitely more of a mental win today to get my game back in the right place." Bouchard said she stayed mentally strong. "I have confidence that no matter what happens on the court, I can fight and still give my best and give myself the best chance to win," said Bouchard. Bouchard broke the 107th-ranked Goerges to end the match, taking thee victory with 21 winners and conversions on six of 13 break points.dddddddddddd Bouchard broke twice in the second set and began the third with another break of the German as she raced to a 5-0 lead. But she lost serve in the next game after a forehand error. She immediately recovered a game later, breaking Goerges back and advancing on her first match point. "In the first set I felt I wasnt in the right mental frame of mind, and it just wasnt good enough for my standards," Bouchard. "I just needed to regroup after that, and I really focused and got back to playing the way I need to play, which is stepping in, going for my shots." Bouchard, a semifinalist at the Australian Open, arrived in Paris after her first WTA title last week in Germany. She was eliminated in the second round at Roland Garros last year, her French Open debut. In doubles play, Cana

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24540 Beiträge.