ybe a seat in the dugout will help the Baltimore

in News & Regeln 05.07.2019 09:08
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- Orioles slugger Chris Davis has tried just about everything to break out of lengthy hitting slump. Extra batting practice and intensive video study havent worked. Maybe a seat in the dugout will help the Baltimore star come up with the solution. Davis wasnt in the starting lineup Monday night against the Chicago White Sox. Manager Buck Showalter explained the move as simply an effort to get Delmon Young some playing time, but Davis knew better. He attributed the benching to his lack of hitting this month. "Thats pretty evident," Davis said. "Its about putting the best nine out there every game, giving yourself a chance to win, and lately I just havent been very good." Davis is batting .216 with 12 homers and 37 RBIs. Over his previous 14 games, he was 7 for 54 (.130). Last year, Davis hit .286 and led the majors with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs. "If youd have asked me in the off-season or during spring training if I thought I was going to struggle like Im doing this year, Id have told you that you were crazy," Davis said. Of the day off, he said, "Maybe it will give me a chance to clear my head." Davis misery this season began in earnest with an oblique injury that put him on the disabled list. That, however, is not an issue in his current struggle. "Im trying to figure it out. I know its frustrating for people to watch me go through it, but can you imagine how much more frustrating it is to actually go through it?" Davis said. "At the same time, we still have a lot of baseball left to play and I know Im going to get an opportunity to come out of it. I know Ill come out of it." Nothing hes tried to reverse the trend has worked, and Davis acknowledged that he hasnt a clue what to do next. "Im not really feeling a whole lot at the plate right now other than frustration," he said. A year ago, Davis was so sharp at the plate that almost every swing produced results. This year, not so much. "When youre hitting .330, it feels like you hit every hole, every pitch you take is a ball," he said. "When youre hitting just over .200, it feels like every pitch you take is a strike and every time you hit a ball hard somebody is standing there." Teammate Adam Jones suggested that a bloop hit, and not a tape-measure home run, could be the cure. "He might need to get jammed, bad jammed, and he hits it on the label right above his fingers and it falls for a base hit," Jones said. "He might figure it out from there." Showalter said Davis would start Tuesday, and the manager was optimistic that his first baseman will soon get back on track. "Hes close," Showalter said. "I have a lot of confidence it will pick up as the season goes." Paul Krause Womens Jersey . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. Kirk Cousins Jersey . He insists hes not counting. "If youre thinking hits, youre not paying attention to wins," Altuve said Sunday after leading the Houston Astros past the Texas Rangers 3-2. http://www.authenticvikingspro.com/Dalvi...kings-jersey/.J. Barea during a three-game shooting slump that was getting him booed off his home court with regularity. Fran Tarkenton Youth Jersey Brett Favre Womens Jersey . Moors, from Cambridge Ont., landed a double-twisting, double somersault in the layout position, en route to a score of 14.600 points in the womens floor exercise, more than a full p

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24544 Beiträge.