tion up until halftime. [url=http://www.broncosrookiestore.com

in News & Regeln 12.07.2019 09:08
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

WINNIPEG -- Buck Pierce says hes being given another chance to play the game he loves with the B.C. Lions, but it still hurts to leave the Blue Bombers and his adopted home of Winnipeg. Pierce, who spent 3 1/2 seasons with the Bombers, was traded to the Lions on Sunday for Canadian receiver Akeem Foster. "I was sad at first, because I know what this place and this community means to me, and all the friendships on and off the field, outside these walls as well," Pierce said Monday in a gracious farewell. "Thats the first emotion." Despite the trade, Pierce said he wont really be leaving Winnipeg, where his fiancee lives and where he has business interests. "Its a place that I want to be. I will be here in the off-season," he said. "I will call it home and hopefully, some day in the future, I can be back in some aspect of the (Bombers) organization." His time in Winnipeg, like his previous tenure with the Lions in Vancouver, was marred by injury. Pierces best season was 2011, when he led the Bombers to the Grey Cup game, where Winnipeg dropped a 34-23 decision to the Lions. The next season was a major disappointment as he spent most of it on the injury list. After wrestling with the issue in the off-season, the Bombers opened 2013 with Pierce as their starter. But after managing only one win, he was hurt and replaced in the second half of the fourth game by Justin Goltz. Goltz and Max Hall have started since, with Pierce seeing action only as a backup. Hall really only played one game, injuring his hand on his first series in the second he started. Goltz too has struggled. He does get credit for Winnipegs second win of the season and first in their new stadium Sunday, although it owed more perhaps to a blitzing Bombers defence that sacked Saskatchewan quarterback Darian Durant eight times. The Bombers still have four quarterbacks: Goltz, Hall, Jason Boltus and newcomer Levi Brown, who is on the practice roster. Despite his feelings about Winnipeg, Pierce said he is glad to get another chance to be useful on a football field. "Im given an opportunity to go and still use my talents to help a team achieve their goal and I think as an athlete thats what you want and thats what being a pro is all about," he said. Pierce, who turns 32 in November, played with the Lions from 2005 to 2009 and says he knows their offence well, since many of the same coaches are still in place. "My role, as I see it right now, is to come and help, help Travis (Lulay), help the offence and add some depth," he said. Acting general manager Kyle Walters thanked Pierce for what he did for the team but said theyve decided to move on and go with their younger quarterbacks. He also said the deal gives them a talented young Canadian receiver in Akeem Foster. "Its sound philosophy in the CFL when you get a chance to add to your Canadian talent base, particularly at your starting positions, you do it to promote depth and competition," Walters said. Theoretically, the Bombers should be OK at that spot but have had trouble keeping the four they had in training camp healthy. As for quarterback, Walters said for the remainder of the season they may stick with the four they have, but that may change in the off-season with the Ottawa expansion draft looming. "It would be foolish in an organization not to explore all options in December into how to upgrade all the positions, especially the most important position on the field, which is the quarterback position," he said. "So if we think we can upgrade that spot, then we will." Peyton Manning Jersey . -- Canada played to expectation up until halftime. Denver Broncos Jerseys .C. -- Only two Syracuse teams have won their first 20 games, and C. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Bronco...-Sutton-Jersey/. According to Dave Stubbs of The Montreal Gazette, preliminary talks have begun between Markov - an unrestricted free agent this summer - and general manager Marc Bergevin. Karl Mecklenburg Womens Jersey . - In about six minutes, the Memphis Grizzlies had allowed their 23-point lead to be cut to seven. Terrell Davis Womens Jersey . Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars are moving from tarps to pools. The Jaguars provided a hard-hat tour of their $63 million stadium renovation Tuesday, showing off the worlds largest scoreboards, a pair of wading pools and a two-story party deck that will include 20 all-inclusive cabanas. Jacksonville removed 9,500 chair-back seats to make room for the new construction in the north end zone. That allowed the team to remove 12 of 16 tarps around EverBank Field. The tarps have been an eyesore for years and essentially made the Jaguars the brunt of jokes. Maybe more importantly for a small-market franchise trying to change perception after years of futility, the covered sections wont be seen on television. The Jaguars will unveil the scoreboards and cabanas at a Carrie Underwood concert July 26. Already, the team has sold 65 per cent of its cabanas for the 2014 season. Cabana seating is sold out for three home games: against Pittsburgh (Oct. 5), against the New York Giants (Nov. 30) and against Houston (Dec. 7). "Were trying to give fans a compelling reason to leave the comfort of their homes and to come and watch the Jaguars in person," Jaguars president Mark Lamping said. "We have to make sure the experience, when people spend their hard-earned money, is really good. But more importantly, it is unique and distinctly different than what you can get at home." The Jaguars are selling 12 upstairs cabanas for $3,000 a game, with a maximum of 20 people in each suite. The price includes all-you-can-eat food and all-you-can-drink beer, wine and soda. The eight downstairs cabanas -- the only tickets that include pool access -- are going for $12,500 a game, with a maximum of 50 people in each suite. Those also are all-inclusive. Throw in 120 bar-rail seats located in the north end zone and adjacent to the pools, and the Jaguars have completely changed the look and feel of their 20-year-old stadium. Those bar-rail seats cost $150 a game and include food and drinks. "This starts to give our building character, gives our building a personality that fits this market," ssaid Chad Johnson, the teams senior vice-president of ticket sales.dddddddddddd "Were in a great warm-weather market where water, beaches, the river are all part of it. So this incorporates not only whats local, but it incorporates a high-end beach resort. You go to a high-end beach report and sit in a cabana, what do you have there? You have the luxury of the beach but the ability to pull away from it with comfort of shade, fans, televisions that you cant get with your chair parked in that sand. "It gives a mix of the two experiences. At the end of the day that football game is what were here to see, but they can experience it in a different way." Jacksonville increased capacity inside its "fan cave" from 400 to more than 600, giving anyone with a ticket access to the Internet and televisions in an air conditioned area overlooking the south end zone. The team also redesigned a section of club seats, adding tables and four swivel chairs to create a sports-bar atmosphere. Finally, the team added 180 field-level seats, providing fans an up-close look that closely resembles basketball or hockey. "Were trying to make sure we have a sustainable franchise here in Jacksonville, a team that is sustainable from a financial standpoint, a team that is sustainable from an on-field performance standpoint, which means a consistently competitive team." Lamping said. "And everything were doing is designed to support that." The pools have gotten the most attention. They are 25 feet long, 12 feet wide and 3 1/2 feet deep. Lifeguards will be in attendance, and the pools will have a glass front that overlooks the field. "From inside the seating bowl, youll be able to see into the pool," Lamping said. "This has been probabl

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24546 Beiträge.