r 137 at Celtic Manor, the 2010 Ryder Cup host. "My d

in News & Regeln 25.07.2019 08:53
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

NEWPORT -- Unheralded Welshman Liam Bond is making the most of a late call-up to his national event, shooting a 3-under 68 Friday to take a one-shot lead after the second round of the Wales Open. Bond, who is ranked No. 1,528, was invited to play Wednesday after receiving a call from the European Tour during a round with his 7-year-old daughter on a local course. After opening with a first-round 69, he made five birdies on Friday to move to 5-under 137 at Celtic Manor, the 2010 Ryder Cup host. "My daughter and I were rooting for balls on my home golf course just up the road from Celtic Manor when the Tour phoned me saying do you fancy playing in the Wales Open," Bond said. "I told (them) I would snap their hand off to play here, and the good thing is Celtic Manors only 10 minutes from my house. "So it wont be long before Im home and putting the slippers on and enjoying a nice cup of tea." First-round leader Espen Kofstad of Norway managed a 74 and finished tied with Tjaart van der Walt of South Africa (71), one shot behind the leader. Five players, including American Peter Uihlein (70) and Irelands Paul McGinley (69), were another shot back in a tie for fourth. McGinley, the European Ryder Cup captain, is looking to capture a first victory in nearly eight years. "I played well today and found the wind a real challenge, but then I enjoyed that," McGinley said. "Also, I played well here last year. But then I learned so much from watching the Ryder Cup players when we were here in 2010." Defending champion Thongchai Jaidee kept alive his hopes of making the Presidents Cup team despite shooting a 74, which was enough to make the cut at 3 over. The Thai golfer needs to play all four rounds to give himself a chance of breaking back into the top 10 on the International Teams Presidents Cup standings. Hes 12th on the list. The Presidents Cup starts Oct. 3 in Dublin, Ohio. A back injury forced Scotlands Stephen Gallacher out of the event after just three holes of his second round, less than a week after losing out in a playoff in the Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles. Gallacher had injured his back washing the family car before the Gleneagles event. Shortly after he pulled out, Gallacher learned that his uncle Bernard Gallacher, the former Ryder Cup captain, was hospitalized in serious condition. "I understand that he is critical but stable," Stephen Gallacher said in a statement. "My family is in disarray at the moment and it is obviously a worrying situation. We are all anxious." Dustin Pedroia Red Sox Jersey . Ferguson told Uniteds in-house TV channel on Saturday that he has no immediate plans to walk away from the game, and that he still hungers for more trophies even after 25 years in charge of the club. Bill Lee Jersey . Saskatchewans Darian Durant is expected to miss the rest of the Roughriders season with a torn tendon in his right elbow. The 32-year-old, who will undergo surgery in the next couple days to repair the injury, was added to the teams six-game injury list Tuesday. http://www.officialredsoxfanstore.com/au...sox-jersey/.com) - The Carolina Hurricanes hope to remain perfect at home in January on Friday night as they welcome the Vancouver Canucks to PNC Arena. Nomar Garciaparra Red Sox Jersey . Unfortunately for the Cleveland Cavaliers, James Harden was in the building. Dustin Pedroia Jersey . -- Nelson Cruz has only two hits in 15 at-bats against the Kansas City Royals this season.ZAGREB, Croatia -- Marin Cilic from Croatia overcame problems with his serve to win the Zagreb Indoors tournament on Sunday, defeating top-seeded Tommy Haas from Germany 6-3, 6-4. Fifth-seeded Cilic gained his fourth title in Zagreb and became the third Croat overall to win at least 10 career titles. Cilic also lifted his career record in Zagreb to 22-4, winning 20 of his last 21 matches at the event. Cilic -- champion here in 2009, 10 and last year -- struggled with his first serve in the opening set but played some great returns with a solid baseline performance. The 35-year-old Haas broke in the first game but then lost five out of the next six. Haas also wasted a break point forr a 4-2 lead in the second set, allowing Cilic to step up the pressure and gain a 5-3 lead.dddddddddddd Haas saved a match point, but Cilic made sure he used the second opportunity. "Its nice to be in the finals after the tough last year I had," Cilic said. "I played (under) great pressure." Haas in turn said Marin "played big points better." Cilics coach Goran Ivanisevic has 22 titles and Ivan Ljubicic has 10. Cilic and Haas are tied 2-2 in head-to-heads. Making the Zagreb final was Haas best performance this year, after he lost in the opening rounds in Auckland and at the Australian Open. Haas won his last title in Vienna last year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24548 Beiträge.