ittle less starstruck as she prepares for her sec

in News & Regeln 12.08.2019 10:21
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals second baseman Anthony Rendon knew he was a triple short of the cycle late in the game. It didnt mean he was going to change his approach. Rendon singled in a run, hit a three-run homer, and doubled in his first three at-bats before grounding out and flying out in the Nationals 11-0 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday night. "I heard people in the stands, get the triple, get the triple. I didnt want that, means Ive got to run more. Ill stop at second base," Rendon said with a smile. He drove in four runs to back Jordan Zimmermanns seven shutout innings. "I think it set the tone with Anthony in the first inning," manager Matt Williams said of the offence. "Youve got a 3-1 pitch and he doesnt get too big. He simply stayed with the approach of what he needed to have happen there and he ended up getting a base hit." The Nationals hitters had been struggling in the nine games since Ryan Zimmerman went on the disabled list. Saturday they had 14 hits, including two apiece by Denard Span, Asdrubal Cabrera and Wilson Ramos. Every Nationals starter, including Zimmermann, hit safely. Zimmermann (7-5) held the Phillies to five singles and struck eight without a walk for his 50th career win, and first since June 30th. He retired the last 11 batters he faced and left after throwing 97 pitches. Marlon Byrd had two hits for Philadelphia, which had won the first two games of the series 10-4 and 2-1. Phillies starter A.J. Burnett (6-11) and manager Ryne Sandberg didnt last long. Both were ultimately ejected when Burnett motioned and yelled toward home plate umpire Chris Guccione during Washingtons four-run second inning. Washington loaded the bases on two walks and an error. After Span drove in a run with a sacrifice fly, Rendon connected on a 3-1 pitch from Burnett for his 14th home run, making it 5-0. Rendons blast snapped a nine-game homerless streak for the Nationals, the longest in team history (2005-present). Burnett, who had two walks in the inning, then intentionally threw ball one to Jayson Werth and motioned toward Guccione. "I did ask him twice in the first and second if that was out or that was down," Burnett said of Guccione. "Yeah, it was out, it was down, okay. And the one I threw purposefully out, I said the same thing, but I said it more of a statement than a question. I said Thats out. That was it, pretty quick trigger." After Burnett was tossed, Sandberg raced out and heatedly argued with Guccione near home plate, and was soon ejected. Burnett allowed five runs, one was earned, in losing his third straight decision. TRAINERS ROOM: Phillies: Sandberg said outfielder Domonic Brown, suffering from strep throat, is day-to-day, and that Byrd has been playing with a bruised right foot for four or five days. ON DECK: Phillies: Cole Hamels (6-5, 2.55) has won four straight decisions. He makes his 30th career start against Washington Sunday. Hes 15-6 with a 2.63 ERA versus the Nationals. Nationals: Stephen Strasburg (7-9, 3.55) is 3-0 with a 1.13 ERA in three home starts against the Phillies dating back to last season. WILLIAMS SAYS SWING AWAY In addition to experimenting with his batting stance recently, Bryce Harper has also on occasion attempted to bunt for a hit. Williams would generally prefer Harper swing away. "Depends on the situation," Williams said. "It depends on a lot of things, health, how his thumb is feeling. It depends on what the situation dictates for that particular game. More often than not, I would like to see him swing the bat. Because he just has the opportunity to do something special. "If he feels like the guys playing him back far enough that he can do that and get on base, given the right situation, okay. But then again, theres times where I want him to swing, too," said Williams, adding he and Harper have talked about it. Harper is enjoying more success recently, and is 7-for-his-last-23. Fake NFL Jerseys Cheap . And though his comeback night didnt quite go to script, Bryant couldnt help reflecting on the work necessary to get back on that court -- and all the months of steady labour ahead to reclaim his game. Bryant had nine points and eight rebounds in his season debut, but Amir Johnson scored a career-high 32 points in the trade-depleted Toronto Raptors 106-94 victory over Los Angeles on Sunday night. Fake NFL Jerseys Online . Langer appeared to be in trouble when his second shot on the par-5 18th ended up in the rough short of the green. He hit a brilliant pitch to 5 feet and made the putt after Slumans birdie attempt rolled just wide. http://www.fakenfljerseys.com/. -- Canadian womens amateur golf champion Brooke Henderson is a little less starstruck as she prepares for her second career appearance at an LPGA Tour major event. Fake Nike NFL Jerseys .The third-seeded Murray, who won here in 2009, will face seventh-seeded Kevin Anderson of South Africa next on the indoor hard court. Fake NFL Jerseys For Sale . Advancing to the Champions League quarterfinals should be a formality after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and Dani Alves added a late second to secure a commanding 2-0 advantage over City in the round of 16 on Tuesday.As Dana White goes through the final motions leading up to UFC 173 this Saturday, his company couldnt be doing much better. "Were in 175 countries, 23 different languages and over a billion homes worldwide in some form of television," he said Tuesday on TSN Drive with Dave Naylor and Dave Hodge on TSN Radio 1050. "We are the largest pay-per view provider on the planet."What makes White and his organization special is that they are always reaching farther and aiming higher. In 2014, the UFC has already held events in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, China, U.K., Abu Dhabi and Singapore. By the end of the year, Japan, Sweden, Turkey, Germany and New Zealand will be added to that list. Additionally, White has begun his descent south into Latin America, where the UFC will host its first-ever event in Mexico – a heavyweight title bout between champion Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum in November. The show – UFC 180 – will also feature the finale bouts of "The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America", the regions first edition of the reality show.As mentioned, White has big plans and high hopes for expansion. "You guys know how big (UFC) is in Canada, you know how big it is in the U.S. Well in Brazil, The Ultimate Fighter reality show gets 12 million viewers a week. And when we do a live fight on TV, 65 million people watch down in Brazil, its insane," he said. "We believe that Mexico and Latin America will rival that."However, there are still growing pains for White and his 20-year-old organization. Many would say the UFC is still in its infancy, despite the resounding success. And in a sport where violence is front and centre 100 per cent of the time, White says there is an important "education process" that has to take place in order to attract more fans.dddddddddddd "Theres still a lot of people who havent been reached. Theres still a lot of people that are uneducated about the sport," White said. "Every day when we get up and we continue to move into other countries and continue to do business here in the U.S. and Canada, which are huge markets for mixed martial arts, theres still that education process."The fight game can be trivial at times. Where one night a pair of 200-pound men could stand toe-to-toe, bloody, crashing hooks and jabs into each others jaws until one collapses to the floor unconscious, another night could see a tactical matchup featuring two jiu-jitsu practitioners, twisting inside and out on the mat searching for an advantageous position while fighting off the grasp of their opponent. Fights can be night and day, overtly vicious or deceptively calm. With this come frequent misconceptions about the dangers of a combat sport. Its nothing White hasnt had to address before. "To a person whos uneducated about the sport or about the UFC they would probably believe people have died competing in the UFC," he said. "In the 20-year history of the UFC there has never been a death or serious injury. In 20 years, cheerleading cant say that."It is unlikely the UFC and mixed martial arts will ever be universally accepted. But that just means White will never be out of work. "Every day were in meetings pushing the company forward," he said. "Im a pretty simple guy. I love the sport, I love the UFC, I love fights." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24548 Beiträge.