n the sixth inning were their most in one inning sin

in News & Regeln 15.08.2019 08:52
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Marlon Byrd enjoyed his birthday so much that he wants to celebrate it again. Byrd homered against his former team on the day he turned 37, Ryan Howard drove in three runs and the Philadelphia Phillies defeated the New York Mets 7-2 Saturday night. "Im going to stay 36 for a while. Can I do that?" Byrd said after setting a career high with his 25th homer of the season. "Move to another country and come back with a different name." While many of Philadelphias veterans would probably love to reverse the aging process, the Phillies certainly looked young again Saturday -- at least for one night. Jerome Williams pitched into the seventh inning to win his third straight decision since joining the last-place Phillies, who won for the seventh time in nine games. They batted around in the sixth, scoring five runs off Bartolo Colon on seven hits -- all singles. "I didnt do anything different," Colon said through a translator. "I made the adjustments and made some good pitches, but they still put it in play." Ben Revere, Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley singled to start the outburst, loading the bases for Howard. The big slugger lined yet another single to right field, driving in two for a 3-0 lead. One out later, Domonic Brown and Carlos Ruiz added RBI singles to chase Colon. Cody Asche greeted Buddy Carlyle with another run-scoring single before Philadelphia was finally retired in a half-inning that took just short of 20 minutes. It has not been an easy couple of weeks for Colon (12-11), who left the Mets twice recently, the first time to be by his ailing mothers side and the second to attend her funeral in the Dominican Republic. Still the subject of trade speculation, Colon gave up Byrds leadoff homer into the Phillies bullpen in the fifth. He appeared to tire in the sixth, and lost for the first time in four starts against the Phillies this season. "I just think we had some better looks at him," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "I would imagine the guys made some adjustments from the other games that he pitched against us." Philadelphia banged out 12 hits to back another solid performance from Williams (3-0), who gave up two runs and four hits in 6 1-3 innings. Facing the Mets for the first time since 2007 with Washington, the 32-year-old journeyman from Hawaii was virtually untouchable for the first six innings. Williams, who is 5-5 overall this year, has enjoyed a resurgence since he was picked up off waivers from Texas this month. Pitching for his third team this season, the right-hander has a 2.03 ERA in four starts with the Phillies. In fact, he hasnt felt this good as a starter since his rookie year in 2003. "Those first two years in San Francisco I felt like I was in a really good groove, and then after that I kind of lost myself," Williams said. "Now Im back to where I need to be as myself." Mets second baseman Dilson Herrera singled in a two-run seventh for his first major league hit. Wilmer Flores had an RBI single, but Antonio Bastardo left the bases loaded by striking out Curtis Granderson. HIT PARADE The Phillies seven hits in the sixth inning were their most in one inning since Sept. 20, 2012, when they had nine in the first inning -- also at Citi Field. MILESTONE It was Terry Collins 1,500th game as a major league manager. Collins has guided the Astros, Angels and Mets to a combined 732-768 record. TRAINERS ROOM Mets: All-Star 2B Daniel Murphy (strained right calf) was wearing a walking boot on his right foot in the clubhouse before the game. Murphy was placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday night, retroactive to Aug. 25. UP NEXT Phillies: RHP A.J. Burnett (7-14, 4.30 ERA) starts the series finale Sunday. He is coming off a dominant performance against first-place Washington in which he struck out 12 over seven innings and snapped his six-game losing streak. The 37-year-old Burnett recently hinted that he might retire after the season. Mets: RHP Dillon Gee (5-6, 3.77) tries to win consecutive starts for the first time since May 4 against a Philadelphia team that has traditionally given him fits. Gee has a 6.53 ERA against the Phillies, giving up 15 home runs over 70 1-3 innings. But he fared much better the last time he faced them, tossing seven innings in a 2-1 Mets victory at Citizens Bank Park. Antonio Valencia Jersey . - The Florida Panthers are getting some Army training to finish off their preparations for the season. Lee Grant Jersey . The team announced the moves before Sundays game against Houston. Shaw was 1-4 with a 4.26 ERA in 43 games for the Diamondbacks. Bergesen was claimed off waivers from Baltimore on Friday. http://www.jerseymanchesterunitedsoccer....-united-jersey/. -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency. Victor Lindelof Jersey . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. Andreas Pereira Jersey . Jimmy Howard made 44 saves and Henrik Zetterberg scored two goals, leading the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night.From James Duthies Ellen-inspired selfie to its very own house band - and 10 hours of hockey talk in between - TRADECENTRE 14 had something for everyone. On one of the most important days on the hockey calendar, Canadians overwhelmingly made TSN their undisputed #1 choice for multi-platform coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day. Overnight data from BBM Canada confirms that:- An average audience of 243,000 viewers watched TRADECENTRE 14 over 10 hours, making it the most-watched NHL Trade Deadline Day show on Canadian television and marking an increase of 30 per cent compared to last year- The average audience for TRADECENTRE 14 was four times the audience delivered by TSNs only other competitor on NHL Trade Deadline Day (243,000 vs. 63,000)- More than three million unique viewers tuned in at some point to TRADECENTRE 14 and its recap show at 5 p.m. ET- Audience levels peaked at 483,000 viewers just after 3 p.m. ET when the trade deadline hit TSN has brought comprehensive day-long coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day to fans since 2000. Hockey fanss also consistently visited TSN Digital platforms throughout the day:- TSN Digital platforms garnered a record 1.dddddddddddd14 million video views throughout NHL Trade Deadline Day, marking a 41 per cent increase compared to last year- The brand new TSN Hockey app for iPhone and iPad both rank as the #1 downloaded free sports app And once again, #TradeCentre drove the conversation on Twitter and Facebook throughout NHL Trade Deadline Day:- TRADECENTRE-related content generated more than 5 million impressions on TSNs Facebook page - The TSN-branded hashtag remained among the top trends in Canada throughout the day- #TradeCentre was referenced more than 85,000 times and used across the league - including the odd mascot (thanks, Bailey!) - Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the most-followed media personality in Canada, was retweeted more than 20,000 times yesterday - Finally, the #TradeCentre selfie tweeted by TRADECENTRE 14 host James Duthie resonated with hockey fans across Twitter as it earned more than 28,000 retweets ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24544 Beiträge.