I continue to make my plays when they come, Freds go

in Das Team 04.07.2019 05:55
von smith bonnie • 565 Beiträge

EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Eskimos have had some dynamic receiving duos throughout the franchises history, and theyre hoping another is developing this year. Veteran slotbacks Fred Stamps and Adarius Bowman have shown they can be the one-two punch -- like Brian Kelly and Tom Scott in the 1980s or Ed Hervey and Terry Vaughn in the early 2000s -- that gives opposing CFL defences more trouble than they can handle a if they can stay healthy. In the Eskimos season-opening 27-20 win in Vancouver last weekend, Bowman had nine catches for 105 yards and the heavily guarded Stamps four for 40 yards. Both caught crucial touchdown passes. The Eskimos may never have another duo like Kelly and Scott, who terrorized CFL defences the five years they were together in Edmonton and were key players in the Eskimos five straight Grey Cup victories. But with the Eskimos preparing for their home opener tonight versus Hamilton, both Stamps and Bowman were anxious to establish themselves as a pair to be reckoned with. "Im going into my fourth year with Fred now and I think we go at each other, tandem with each other, so teams cant do double team and triple team on him when you have guys like me and Shamawd (Chambers) making plays," said Bowman. "So if everybody continues to do their roles and I continue to make my plays when they come, Freds going to do his thing." Last year, in 16 games, Stamps "thing" was 68 receptions for a CFL leading 1,259 yards and 11 touchdowns. Bowman played only the final nine games and had an impressive 44 catches for 697 yards and five TDs. The only season the two have played together for more than half a season was 2011 when they both played 15 games. Stamps had 82 catches for 1,153 yards and eight TDs while Bowman chipped in with 62 catches, an identical 1,153 yards and four TDs. The thought of both of them being healthy all season has them, along with quarterback Mike Reilly and the Eskimos offence, salivating. "Man, the skys the limit," Stamps, who has had five straight seasons of more than 1,000 reception yards, said of the pairs potential. "Its exciting to see something like that. Its big to have him back, healthy again. As the season goes on were going to get stronger and stronger." Reilly said the Stamps-Bowman duo gives defences multiple things to worry about on every play. "With them being on separate sides of the field it gives defences lots to think about," he said. "You cant push coverage to one side or the other because youre going to get exposed." One of the big questions with Stamps and Bowman is their health. Stamps, who will likely finish his career in the top two or three of virtually every Eskimo receiving statistical category, has played a full season only twice in his seven years in the league while Bowman has yet to get through an entire schedule in six years. "It feels good," Bowman said of his health after a leg injury kept him out of 25 games the last two seasons. "I had that little thought in my head last year when I came back, its not like theres total confidence about every step, plant and breaking and everything Im doing." After finishing last season and starting this one strong, that no longer appears to be a concern. The win in B.C., while it wasnt a particularly strong showing by the offence that simply made too many mistakes in the first half, was important for the confidence of both the team and Bowman. "For my confidence it was great," said the 6-3, 210-pound Bowman, adding the new offence installed by the new coaching staff is much better than last years. "Its better in terms of schemes, things that we can go into games with. I felt like we only used a small portion of what we have. When we can get to what we have, were going to be a better offence." Woodrow Hamilton Jersey .Johnny there, who knew he had that speed? teammate Tommy Wingels said.Scott and Matt Irwin were unlikely goal-scorers Tuesday night as the previously stingy San Jose Sharks finally sprung a leak or two, blowing a pair of three-goal leads before coming away with a 6-5 shootout victory over the Washington Capitals. Curtis Samuel Jersey . -- Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer will be out three to six weeks with a stress fracture of the third finger of his right hand. http://www.cheappanthersjerseyselite.com...an-roten-jersey. Costa Rica followed up its wins over Uruguay and Italy by holding England to a dour 0-0 draw on Tuesday, enough to finish first in Group D. Javien Elliott Jersey . - Jesse Shynkaruk scored a hat trick as the Moose Jaw Warriors snapped a seven-game losing streak with an 8-2 win over the Prince Albert Raiders in Western Hockey League action on Saturday. Taylor Moton Jersey .C. -- Kurt Busch put his chances at "70 per cent" at running the Indianapolis 500 this year because of recent developments that have pushed a potential program along.ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- The Texas Stars snapped a three-game winless streak the best way they know how -- by scoring a bushel of goals in quick succession. The Stars are the highest scoring team in the American Hockey League and showed it by thumping the Abbotsford Heat 7-2 on Sunday. Colton Sceviour scored his first of the night just 53 seconds into the game, but it was his second that capped a six-goal second period for the Stars. "We were able to get a goal early and we buried our chances," said Sceviour. "In yesterdays game (a 3-2 Abbotsford shootout victory), (Heat goalie Olivier) Roy made some big saves and we werent able to capitalize. Today we were able to capitalize and that was the big difference." Lopsided victories are nothing new between these two clubs. Abbotsfords largest margin of defeat this season was a 9-3 loss in Texas Oct. 20, which it followed with a 7-3 win. The Stars also toppled the Heat 5-0 in January. "Its kind of strange," said Sceviour. "The second game they played us in Texas they beat us pretty handily. Its weird how teams that are so tight in the standings that when they play one team seems to control the other a little bit. But fortunately its been us more times than not." Scott Glennie had a pair of goals, while Brett Ritchie, Jyrki Jokipakka, and Mike Hedden also scored for Texas (29-15-6), which moves the club to within two points of the Heat for first in the Western Conference. "Its good for us, but we know theyre a good team," said Glennie. "The games, it seems, have been one-sided this year, one way or another. Its been fun playing them and well have a tough matchup in the future." The Stars boast the top-two goal scorers in the AHL in Sceviour and points leader Travis Morin. "(Sceviour) is such a big part of the team," said Glennie. "We need those guys to be scoring for us to be successful, and they bring it every single night. But obviously when we get the secondary scoring, like tonight, its huge for us as well. When youre playing a team like Abbotsford you need that." Cristopher Nilstorp made 33 saves for the win. "(Nilstorp) was fantastic," added Glennie. &quoot;They had a lot of good opportunities to get back in the game and he was there to stop them every single time and that was great.dddddddddddd" Max Reinhart and Shane OBrien replied for Abbotsford (31-15-4), which had a five-game winning streak snapped. Olivier Roy allowed four goals on 24 shots before being replaced by Joni Ortio, who was reassigned to the Heat by the Calgary Flames for the Olympic break. Ortio let in the first shot he faced and three of the first six shots that went his way. "The second period was a big outburst and that was kind of a shock for both teams," said Glennie. The Stars opened the scoring when Dustin Jeffreys pass deflected in off Sceviours skate, and after review the goal stood. The Heat tied the game at 11:19. Corban Knight jammed at the puck down low, and with the puck sitting on the goal line Reinhart swooped around the net to tuck it in for his 12th of the season. OBrien gave the Heat their only lead of the game at 2:14 of the second. After leading a shorthanded rush he dropped the puck to Markus Granlund and went to the net. Granlund had two assists on the night. Ritchie tied the game a little more than a minute later on a power play. His wrist shot from the left face-off dot found its way through a pair of bodies into the top right corner for his 11th of the season, beginning the offensive onslaught. "We knew we let it snowball on us, and give them credit - they smelled some blood and they took advantage," said OBrien. Glennie then scored two goals in a three-minute span. First he one-timed a feed from Chris Mueller while shorthanded. Then he was the beneficiary of a lucky bounce, with the puck going off a defencemans backside and in. Ortio came in to play goal, but allowed Jokipakka to score on the first shot he faced. "Goals four

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3727 Themen und 24546 Beiträge.